I don’t know why this is not really showing in Google Search results, but if you want to step through the core Android Java code in your Eclipse project, finally there’s a legitimate and very convenient solution that is a part of ADT-Addons project. The steps are pretty self-explanatory, but just in case, here’s what you need to do:
- In your Eclipse click Help->Install New Software
- Click the “Add” button and put this URL into the resulting pop-up (name it whatever you want)
- Click “OK” and mark the “Android Sources” checkbox
- Click “Next” and any “OK”, “Agree”, “Next,” or “Finish” buttons afterwards
- Restart Eclipse after the installation, and now you can step right into Android code from your debugger and see the source code for Android Java files right in the Eclipse editor.
Hopefully this helps some developers, or even some beginners with Android Java projects.