Distimo: Android Market at 400,000 applications, growing faster
Distimo has a new blog post this week which provides a handful of interesting Android figures, most notably the total number of applications in the Android Market. According to their calculation, there are now 400,000 apps from around the world. Although this is not an officially recognized number, it’s a commanding statistic to be sure. Check out a few other tidbits gleaned from the report!
- Android Market topped 200,000 in April 2011
- Android Market topped 300,000 in August 2011
- Roughly 2/3 (68%) of Android apps are free
- Android Market has around 100,000 active publishers
- Each developer publishes an average of 4.1 applications, down from nearly five apps on average a year ago
Head to Distimo to read the full post and to learn more about how Android is faring as compared to iOS. You can tell from the image above that Android is gaining fast on iOS, but at what rate?
You might also like
Sony officially announced their first Android tablets, the S1 and S2, back in April. The S1 is built to compete with tablets like the iPad 2 and Motorola XOOM, while the
The Nexus 9 is already shaping up to be a top notch tablet, but with the addition of the keyboard accessory it can be so much more. The keyboard measures
Charlie Miller’s back and he’s got a few people all worked up over Android’s security.Â Again. If you happened upon readwriteweb earlier today, chance are you saw the article on