NQ Mobile Announces Mobile Security V6.0 for Android
NQ Mobile is one of the fastest growing mobile security providers for our Android devices. This global company announced today at CES2012 that version 6.0 is now available for download. This update offers Android users several new features to protect their privacy and financial information, as well as significant improvements to the user interface.
NQ Mobile Security V6.0 includes the following features that enhance the already extensive capabilities of 5.0:
· Anti-eavesdropping protection: With anti-eavesdropping, users can be sure their calls are not being recorded by third-party apps or viruses.
· Financial security protection: When users access financial websites via their system browser or start e-bank/securities apps, NQ Mobile Security V6.0 automatically scans all running apps to determine if any active apps pose a security risk.
Did we mention that this app is free in the Android Market? Check out the market link below as well as the Official Press Release from NQ Mobile.
Utilizing NQ Mobile’s proprietary cloud scanning technology, Mobile Security 6.0 detects and deletes viruses, malicious URLs, and other threats before you even know they exist. With newly enhanced features including GPS-based anti-loss/theft features, backup and restore tools for your contacts, complete privacy protection, traffic monitoring, and more, NQ Mobile Security 6.0 improves on the 5.0 version, which out-performed all competitive mobile security platforms in a West Coast Labs Comparative Test. The refined interface reflects the specific needs of users in the global markets served by NQ Mobile.
Version 6.0 includes the following features that enhance the already extensive capabilities of 5.0:
- Anti-eavesdropping protection: With anti-eavesdropping, users can be sure their calls are not being recorded by third party apps or viruses.
- Financial security protection: When users access financial websites via their system browser or start e-bank/securities apps, NQ Mobile Security V6.0 automatically scans all running apps to determine if any active apps pose a security risk.
“Privacy and security threats to Android devices grew 400 percent last year, faster than the already staggering sales of these devices,” said NQ Mobile co-Chief Executive Officer, Omar Khan. “And, with a growing number of consumers doing more with smartphones that includes private and sensitive information, NQ Mobile Security V6.0 provides state-of-the-art protection, including an innovative anti-eavesdropping feature. The new user interface makes it a dream to use.”
Additional Mobile Security V6.0 key features include:
- Award-Winning Mobile Security: Fights malware, spyware, phishing, viruses, hacking, and more.
- Privacy Protection: Protects the data stored on your phone, ensuring that your social networking, email, and financial accounts can’t be hacked and your personal calls can’t be recorded.
- Anti-Theft/Anti-Loss: Remotely locates, locks, or deletes information from a lost or stolen mobile device, and sounds an alarm to help you find it.
- Backup and Restore: Safely and seamlessly stores your contacts so you can easily access them from any Web browser.
- System Optimization: Provides control over running apps and power consumption.
- Traffic Monitoring: Provides real-time updates on data usage and caps on maximum data usage.
NQ Mobile’s technology leverages its proprietary mobile threat database, which is the largest in the world, a powerful “cloud+client” architecture, and state-of-the-art virus detection software to provide users with the strongest mobile security on the market. Each of NQ Mobile’s 120+ million users is a part of its mobile security cloud, contributing new security knowledge to a global database and helping detect viruses, malicious URLs, and other threats. With dedicated global research teams—consisting of more than 250 experts—NQ Mobile continuously maintains, updates, and analyzes this database to provide customers with unmatched security protection. As a result, NQ Mobile is first to identify 75% of global mobile threats and strongly equipped to fight mobile threats better and faster than any other mobile security vendor.
Free Download Now Available
NQ Mobile Security V6.0 for Android can be downloaded for FREE at: http://www.nq.com/mobilesecurity or from the Android Market.
NQ Mobile’s software is currently used by over 120 million users in more than 200 countries and regions around the world and across multiple mobile operating systems.
About NQ Mobile
NQ Mobile (NYSE: NQ) is the international brand of NetQin Mobile, a leading global provider of consumer-centric mobile Internet services focusing on security and productivity. The company was one of the first to recognize the growing security threats targeting smartphone users and is now a leading Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) provider with over 120 million registered user accounts worldwide. As a market leader in mobile security, NQ Mobile’s innovation and global significance have been widely recognized through distinctions such as the 2011 Technology Pioneer Award bestowed by the World Economic Forum. For more information on NQ Mobile, please visit www.nq.com
You might also like
Sprint has partnered with Wired, Reddit and Ars Technica to put up $50,000 and some killer prizes in an effort to spur 4G app development. The contest, called the Sprint 4G App Challenge, pits apps against each other in five categories accepting – entertainment, gaming, productivity, social networking and multimedia. Submissions will be accepted until November 5th and will be judged on four merits – creativity, intuitive navigation, functionality and design.
“Ain’t no rollout like a Verizon 4G rollout, ‘Cause a Verizon 4G rollout don’t stop!” Seriously though, it’s been less than a week since Verizon’s last rollout, and that rollout
NAVIGON AG, a key player in mobile phone on-board navigation, announced a new version of their award-winning navigation app for Android and other platforms. Due this fall, the overhauled app