TiVo announces Android app at CES 2012
Today at CES, TiVo announced that the TiVo App for Android is now available, and includes support for the Amazon Kindle Fire. According to TiVo PR reps:
The free app is now available on all major mobile device platforms, including iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch in addition to Android. With the addition of the new Android app, TiVo offers a more robust means of enjoying a whole-home connected entertainment solution.
If you’re interested in checking out the app for yourself, be sure to hit up this Market Link, and let us know your thoughts in the comments. Be sure to check out the presser below.
[spoiler show=”Show Press Release” hide=”Hide Press Release”]
By Popular Demand: TiVo App Now Available for Android
Companion app places TiVo’s best in class experience in even more pockets, enabling users to search, browse and share – all without interrupting what’s playing on TV
LAS VEGAS, NV — January 9, 2012 — TiVo Inc. (NASDAQ: TIVO), the creator of and a leader in television services including digital video recorders (DVRs) today announced that its popular TiVo® App is now available on Android phones and select tablets – providing the TiVo user experience to even more consumers, including those with the new Amazon Kindle Fire.
With the TiVo App for Android, users can search, browse, explore and share comments about their favorite TV show or movie without interrupting what’s playing on their TiVo® DVR. Additionally, the app for Android and all mobile platforms brings intuitive remote control operations to the tips of users’ fingers with simple gesture-based controls from the command of the couch.
Features of the app include:
- Schedule – Schedule one-time recordings and Season Pass® recordings from the device at home or on-the-go.
- Get more from your shows and movies – Explore cast and crew and other recommendations of your favorite shows without interrupting the big screen.
- Search – Search for TV shows, movies, actors or directors across both broadcast and broadband from providers such as Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video and more.
- Share comments with your friends – From within the TiVo App, comment and share your thoughts on your favorite programming on social networks such as Facebook or Twitter.
- Gesture-based controls – Now you can take complete control of all recordings, even move forward and backward though a show with a simple tap or swipe.
- Program Guide – Browse your full-screen TV program guide without interrupting TV viewing.
- Guest Mode – If you don’t already have a TiVo DVR, you can still get the TiVo experience. Users can browse, search and scroll through program and channel guides and experience the simplicity of the TiVo interface.
“The TiVo App for iPad and iPhone was a hit in the TiVo community and we are pleased to be able to now offer this app to Android users as well,” said Jim Denney, vice president and general manager for product marketing at TiVo. “The app closely replicates the look, feel and easy interface that TiVo users know and love making it a true second-screen experience and allowing users to quickly uncover program information, schedule and manage recordings, get recommendations, or even explore an actor’s entire career with a simple tap.”
The TiVo app for android phones is also available on Android tablets up to 7”. Support for Android tablets with screen sizes larger than 7″ will be coming soon. In addition to Android, the free app can be downloaded on all major mobile device platforms, including iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. The TiVo App supports all high definition TiVo DVRs, including TiVo Premiere, Premiere XL, Series3 ™, HD and HD XL*.
For more information and to download the app now visit www.tivo.com/android.[/spoiler]
You might also like
An updated version of mSpot has arrived in the Android Market today which blends storage locker services, radio, and cloud music. More specifically, mSpot combines the best parts of services
Cricket and ZTE on Monday kicked off their respective CES efforts by announcing the upcoming availability of the 6-inch Grand X Max+. Set to arrive on Friday, January 9, the
It’s hardly even a story anymore that Android is now father of all the mobile operating systems. However, we still love to document the platform’s growth and share the occasional