Dropbox has released a new beta version of their immensely popular backup/cloud-storage solution this week, tossing in a few goodies along the way. New in the v2.0.9 release is the option to automatically upload your videos and pictures, auto-resume of uploads, and the requisite bug fixes and performance enhancements. Oh, and then there’s this deal where they removed the size limit for files, getting rid of that 180MB cap.
As an incentive to get started with the new beta, Dropbox is tossing in 500MB of free storage for every 500MB worth of video and photo backed up. Limited to 5GB in total, Dropbox will simply slide the meter 500MB every time you upload that much worth of media.
For more details, head to the Dropbox forums!
Download beta version 2.0.9 here.
- Automatically uploads photos and videos in the background using Wi-Fi or data plan
- 500MB of free space on first photo uploaded automatically
- Upload files of any size (no more 180 MB limit!)
- Support for resuming file uploads when there are network issues
- Various performance improvements & bug fixes