ZTE Mimosa X is first NVIDIA smartphone with Icera modem
NVIDIA and ZTE have together unveiled the first smartphone to boast both a Tegra 2 processor and Icera modem. Called the Mimosa X, the phone runs Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and powered by a dual-core CPU, the handset boasts a 4.3-inch qHD (960×540) display, 4GB internal storage (microSD expansion), 5-megapixel camera, and front-facing VGA camera. Although pricing and carrier details have yet to come to light, the Mimosa X is expected to arrive in the second quarter of this year.
Drilling down to the Icera modem a bit, we did not anticipate seeing one of these until next year so we’re equally surprised and pleased. As to what this means for average users it will equate to lower cost smartphones with high-end performance and wallet friendly prices. Potentially this may mean $150-$199 off-contract price tags before too long.
NVIDIA® Icera® soft-modem chipsets deliver high-performance communication engines for cellular products. Their unique system architecture enables the highest user throughput and advanced modem features with the smallest footprints and the lowest costs. This gives you a powerful solution for creating smaller, faster, and more affordable high-technology devices.
Mimosa X features
- Tegra 2 dual-core CPU with GeForce GPU
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 4.3-inch qHD (960×540) display
- 5MP rear camera
- VGA front camera
- 4 GB storage (microSD expansion for 32GB)
- A2DP Bluetooth, Dolby audio, DLNA video
- Dual microphones, Built-in gyroscope
Icera 450 platform features:
- HSPA+/3G/2G multimode
- Multiband HSPA+ Cat 18 (28Mbs)
- HSUPA Cat 6 (5.7Mbps), Cat 7 (11Mbps) HSUPA upgradable
- Quad-band GPRS/EDGE
- Full 3G and 2G voice
- Radio Interface Layer (RIL) for Google’s Android™ operating system
- MIPI high-speed interface to multiple leading application processors
- Major PCB savings due to integrated baseband and integrated RF chips
- 3GPP Release 7 features inc MIMO and higher order modulation to enhance performance and improve spectral efficiency
- IceClear® interference-cancellation technology to improve cell edge performance
- Targeted for high-performance HSPA+ Android-based smartphones
You might also like
[Tablet_AIO_Image_FINAL] MSI has pulled off the covers for its WindPad 100A tablet. It runs Android (unclear which version) with a 10.1-inch touchscreen, GPS, and of course WiFi. There’s also some 3G compatibility, but no announcements regarding carriers.
Dell has updated their official Dell Streak product page, and we now know that their 5 inch monster will be available later this month. Considering there’s only 10 days left
We’re giving away thousands of dollars worth of Android and smartphone-related goodies in December! We’ve got a giant bag of Android-related and smartphone-related goodies that we’re looking to dump on