AT&T and Samsung today confirmed the existence of the Rugby Smart, officially announcing the smartphone for March 4th. Powered by Android 2.3 Gingerbread and protected against water and dust, the Samsung handset will run $99.99 with a two-year service commitment.
Specifications put the Rugby Smart firmly in the middle of the pack so the price range sound about right to us. Frankly, we’re just happy to see a semi-rugged Android running a semi-current version of the platform.
The Samsung Rugby® Smart is a rugged, dustproof device designed to handle the elements with water resistance (submergible up to 1m for 30 minutes) and built to mil-std 810f military spec standards
Samsung Rugby Smart features:
- Technology: GSM, EDGE, UMTS, HSPA+
- Operating System: Android 2.3
- Display: 3.7-inch WVGA Super AMOLED display
- External Memory: Supports up to 32GB via microSD™
- Internal Memory: 4GB
- Dimensions: 122.4mm x 65.9mm x 12.19mm
- Weight: 4.2 oz
- Camera: 5MP rear facing with flash and auto focus with HD 720p video capture; 1.3 MP front facing camera;
- Battery: 1650 mAh LiIon Poly
- Talk Time: Up to 8 hours
- Standby Time: Up to 16 days