AT&T lists $99 Samsung Rugby Smart for March 4
AT&T and Samsung today confirmed the existence of the Rugby Smart, officially announcing the smartphone for March 4th. Powered by Android 2.3 Gingerbread and protected against water and dust, the Samsung handset will run $99.99 with a two-year service commitment.
Specifications put the Rugby Smart firmly in the middle of the pack so the price range sound about right to us. Frankly, we’re just happy to see a semi-rugged Android running a semi-current version of the platform.
The Samsung Rugby® Smart is a rugged, dustproof device designed to handle the elements with water resistance (submergible up to 1m for 30 minutes) and built to mil-std 810f military spec standards
Samsung Rugby Smart features:
- Technology: GSM, EDGE, UMTS, HSPA+
- Operating System: Android 2.3
- Display: 3.7-inch WVGA Super AMOLED display
- External Memory: Supports up to 32GB via microSD™
- Internal Memory: 4GB
- Dimensions: 122.4mm x 65.9mm x 12.19mm
- Weight: 4.2 oz
- Camera: 5MP rear facing with flash and auto focus with HD 720p video capture; 1.3 MP front facing camera;
- Battery: 1650 mAh LiIon Poly
- Talk Time: Up to 8 hours
- Standby Time: Up to 16 days
You might also like
AlienBabelTech is back at it this week with some more HTC Glacier benchmark details. While last time around we were treated to the CPU scores of the previously unknown device, this time we are looking at the GPU performance. And perform it does. According to figures posted on the benchmarking site, this handset could be rocking a Qualcomm dual-core QSD8672 chipset. In other words, it may be running a dual-core processor up to 1.5GHz.
In the hunt for a new smartphone from Verizon? Regardless of whether you’re buying your first Android or upgrading for the fourth time there’s something for everyone. And, as you