Baseball season begins as MLB.com At Bat 12 steps up to the plate
The official Major League Baseball application has reported for spring training this week, just as pitchers and catchers are doing for your favorite club. Arriving in the standard two versions, MLB.com At Bat 12 is far and away one of the best sports apps you can install for your Android smartphone or tablet. The first thing we noticed, and fell in love with, was the tablet-friendly layout this time around. Now we don’t have to take our tablet out of a dock just to check the scores from around the league.
We were also pleased with the full-on love for spring training this year as the app gives fans a ton of information including batter-by-batter action and live broadcasts of games. According to MLB.com there will be at least one major update before Opening Night (April 4) which will add new features and functions.
Among the features available for Spring Training are:
- MLB.TV Premium subscribers can download At Bat Lite to access your subscription to watch live video of about 150 Spring Training games and unlock all the At Bat 12 features
- Customize At Bat’s home screen to feature your designated favorite team.
- Favorite team icon home screen widget for one-click access to your favorite team’s At Bat 12 homepage
- MLB icon home screen widget for in-progress scores around the league
- Listen to available radio broadcasts of Spring Training games
- Follow batter-by-batter action for every Spring Training game
- Breaking news, schedules and interactive rosters
The full paid version of At Bat 12 is a one-time $14.99 fee and works on Android 2.2 devices and higher. The free version, At Bat Lite, also runs on Android 2.2 or higher and looks just as nice on a tablet.
You might also like
Adobe kicked off their annual Adobe Max conference today and jumped right into awesome new tools and applications to be used for tablets. Announced as part of the show this
MCLEAN, Va., May 13 — USA TODAY, the nation’s top-selling newspaper and a leading online destination, today announced the availability of a USA TODAY application on Android Market. “In the