SugarSync updated with new sharing, management features
SugarSync just dropped an update to their application in the Android Market today which makes it even easier to manage and share files through the cloud. Chief among the features in the 3.5 update is the ability to share files and entire folders with others across social networks like Facebook and Twitter. Along those lines, it’s also easy to refer new users to SugarSync to earn additional free storage.
If you haven’t downloaded and tried SugarSync you’re advised to check it out for your Android 1.5 device or higher. Those of you with Ice Cream Sandwich smartphones or tablets will also enjoy the 4.0 optimization and support! All new accounts start out with 5GB of storage however there are other plans that offer 30 GB to 1TB with prices that start at $4.99/month.
- Enhanced sharing: users can now share files and entire folders with friends and family on services like Facebook and Twitter directly from their Android device
- Managing files and folders on-the-go: the new Android app now lets users copy, move and even delete files or folders, making the mobile app similar to the desktop experience
- Earn more free storage: users can just tap the button within the Android app and choose to share a referral link via Facebook, Twitter, email, SMS and more
sugarsync, sugarsync for android, cloud storage, file share
SugarSync Introduces New Android App for Even Greater Productivity on the Go
SugarSync Updates Android App with Facebook and Twitter Sharing, Enhanced File/Folder Management, and Ability to Earn Even More Free Space Within the App
SAN MATEO, CALIF., March 1, 2012 – SugarSync, a free service that actively syncs your folders and files across all your computers and mobile devices, today announced it has updated its award-winning SugarSync for Android app. The new app gives you now even more control over your files while on the go, including the ability to share files and entire folders via social channels like Facebook, Twitter, and SMS.
Increasing Productivity, Sharing, and Free Space
SugarSync’s Cloud service already enables users of all mobile devices to access, sync and share all of their files and folders – not just one folder – while on the go. And SugarSync’s Android app was the first to provide automatic syncing of your photos, folders and videos from your mobile device to your computer via SugarSync’s AutoSync technology almost a year ago.
Today, SugarSync is announcing that it has added several new features that enable you to be as productive on your mobile device as you are on your computer, including:
- Enhanced Sharing – SugarSync has always enabled you to share with your contacts, and now you can also share files or entire folders from the app directly with your friends and family on services like Facebook and Twitter. You can now easily share that large folder of videos from your vacation to all your Facebook friends and Twitter followers. Or send those photos to your email contacts. You can even SMS files or entire folders to anyone in your address book. Sharing what you want, how you want, where you want has never been easier.
- Managing Files and Folders on the Go – You’re used to being able to organize and manage your files and folders on your computer. Why not on the go? SugarSync for Android now lets you copy, move and even delete files or folders, making the mobile app experience more similar to that of the desktop or Web client experience. It’s like having a remote control for your computers via the Cloud.
- Easily Earn More Free Storage – On SugarSync.com, we’ve always made it easy to get more free storage by referring friends. Today we’re making it just as easy to earn free storage from the Android app. Just tap the present button on the top right section of the app’s home screen and choose where to share your referral link: Facebook, Twitter, email, SMS, or more. For each friend who joins SugarSync for free, you both get 500MB of additional free storage on top of the 5GB we start you with. And for friends that use your referral link to sign up for a paid account, you both get an additional 10GB free!
“The proliferation of today’s powerful smartphones and tablets is drastically increasing the demand for robust Cloud services that can enable you to be more productive while on the go,” said Laura Yecies, CEO of SugarSync. “SugarSync continues to lead the way in mobile Cloud innovation, and with these enhancements to our SugarSync for Android app, we are making it easier to accomplish the tasks you frequently do on your computer – like sharing, managing and controlling your files and folders – all from your Android device.”
Availability & Pricing
The free SugarSync for Android app is available now and can be downloaded from SugarSync’s site or from the Android Market. SugarSync offers a free 5GB version of the full service, with larger plans ranging from 30 GB to 1TB and starting at just $4.99/month. To learn more, please visit our pricing plan page.
SugarSync is a free service that helps you sync your life. With a simple download on your computers and mobile devices, you have access to all the Cloud has to offer. Need access to all your files from any computer or mobile device? Check. Need to sync your stuff across all your devices? Definitely. Need to share large files or folders with your friends? Yep, we do that too. We’re truly a one-stop shop for the best of the Cloud.
Launched in 2008 and based in San Mateo, CA, SugarSync currently has millions of users worldwide. Brands such as Samsung, Lenovo, Fujitsu, SanDisk, France Telecom-Orange, Korea Telecom, SoftBank Mobile, Best Buy and more have selected SugarSync as a partner to bring Cloud services to their customers. For more information, please visit www.SugarSync.com, follow us on Twitter @sugarsync (http://twitter.com/SugarSync) or on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/