Samsung Galaxy Pocket announced for international market
If you thought that Samsung was going to put on the brakes a bit coming out of Mobile World Congress then you’re sorely mistaken. Today sees the company announcing yet another Android device in the few days following the annual conference.
Samsung Mobile is aiming squarely at the international market with the newest release, the diminutive Galaxy Pocket. Featuring a 2.8-inch display, the smartphone is powered by Android 2.3 Gingerbread and an 832MHz processor. Additional specs include 3GB internal storage, a rear 2-megapixel camera, and your other average Android hardware. We don’t expect to see much of a price tag for the Galaxy Pocket, nor do we anticipate seeing it stateside.
- Network – HSDPA 3.6UMTS 900/2100
- EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900
- Processor: 832MHz Processor
- Display: 2.8” QVGA(240×320) TN LCD
- OS: Android 2.3(Gingerbread)
- Camera: Main(Rear): 2 Megapixel Fixed Focus Camera
- Value-added Features
- Samsung TouchWiz UX, Samsung Apps, Samsung Kies, Social Hub, Integrated Messaging(Email, SNS), Contacts, Calendar Sync, Samsung ChatON mobile communication service
- Android Market™, Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Maps™,Syncing with Google Calendar™, Google Search, Google +
- A-GPS, Bluetooth 3.0, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi b/g/n
- 3GB User memory, microSD (up to 32GB)
- Battery: Li-ion 1,200 mAh
You might also like
Color us surprised (can you hear the dripping sarcasm?). The UK arm of T-Mo has once again missed a target date for the 2.2 rollout to Galaxy S devices. Techradar.com is reporting that T-Mo recently posted an update on their support forum about the fact that they did not rollout the update on December 1st like they promised. Here is a quote from the support forum:
Hunting, fishing, and general outdoors-y types will be happy to see the magazine come to Android.