Trademark filings tell us Samsung has plenty of Galaxy on horizon
Looking through the US Trademarks and Patents website is often a good way to confirm rumored device names and company initiatives. If you’ve followed us for a while then you know that Samsung has long been one of the companies who loves to file trademarks for names on a regular basis. It makes sense when you think about it as they seem to announce a new smartphone, tablet, or media player on a rapid clip.
I noticed a couple of sites referencing some recent Samsung Galaxy trademark applications so I thought I’d poke around a bit. What I found were a handful of items that all sound like they could the next big smartphone or tablet. Some are only days old while others have been around a few months. It’s not clear whether or not these will see the light of day anytime soon, but it’s fun to guess anyways. It’s also possible that I simply missed coverage of one of these elsewhere.
- Galaxy Emerge – March 2, 2012
- Galaxy Stellar – March 2, 2012
- Galaxy Halo – March 2, 2012
- Galaxy Sleek – January 24, 2012
- Galaxy TXT – February 27, 2012
- Galaxy 10.1 Buddy – January 12, 2012
- Galaxy Rite – February 16, 2012
- Galaxy Heir – February 16, 2012
- Galaxy Awaken – February 16, 2012
- Galaxy Axiom – February 16, 2012
Do any of these models ring a bell to you? Which one sounds like your next Android device?