Get inspired and motivated with official TED Talks app for Android
The official TED Talks application recently arrived in the Google Play store, giving users an easy way to catch their favorite speeches and ideas. Available for free on both smartphone and tablet, TED provides both audio and video formats of more than 1,100 of the most inspiring talks you’ll find. The app lets users search and discover talks based on speakers, topics, ratings, popularity, and more. Find one that you feel like sharing? TED allows for one tap share across your favorite Android apps and services, including Facebook, email, and Twitter.
Perhaps one of our favorite features is the ability to download videos or audio for offline viewing and listening. This is perfect for the daily commute or few minutes at breakfast and you really need an extra bit of motivation or inspiration. Considering that the talks range from 3-18 minutes in length, it’s possible to knock out a couple at a time!
TED for Android features:
- Up-to-the-minute videos: TEDTalks are published daily, and Android app users can see the latest TEDTalks videos as soon as they’re available online.
- Browse + search: Whether they’re online or off, users can browse the entire TED library – by theme, tag, rating or popularity – and search for a talk by speaker name or topic.
- Easy sharing: Users who are inspired by a talk can share it easily over Facebook, Twitter or email.
- Bookmarks. Users can mark and save talks for viewing later within their “My Talks” tab.
- Offline viewing: The app is designed to support a mobile lifestyle, in which users move fluidly between online and offline use. Users can download video and audio directly to the device to watch on the plane or other locations where Internet connectivity may not be possible. The full library is searchable in offline mode.
- Curated audio stream. Out for a jog, multi-tasking, or just interested in listening, TED app users can listen to TEDTalks, either on an individual basis or through TED’s curated audio stream.
Download TED for Android on your 2.1 or higher device, including tablets and Kindle Fire.
You might also like
Archos has officially unveiled their new 7-inch Home Tablet and the price may surprise you. For less than $200, customers can grab this mobile internet device (MID) with a 600MHz
Google’s All Access music subscription is great, but it’s not without its rough corners. Often when browsing music, you’ll see an album that you’d like but there would be no
Two highly sought after components that have been missing from the Facebook for Android app have arrived. Chat and push notifications have arrived today, bringing the mobile version that much closer to its web-based counterpart.