AT&T releases Android 4.0 update for HTC Vivid
HTC today announced that the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update has begun rolling out to HTC Vivid handsets around the country. If you’re on AT&T and have one of these massive beauties and can’t wait to get your hands on the latest version of Android, head to AT&T’s site for more information. Not only does this update bring Ice Cream Sandwich, but it also adds an optimized audio experience with Beats By Dre and an updated HTC Sense experience as well!
Selected New Features
- Beats Audio – Enhance your music and video experience with Beats Audio.
- Face Unlock – Face Unlock is a new screen-lock option that lets you unlock your device using face recognition.
- Improved email – Easier to send, read and manage through recipient auto-completion, stored text, and nested sub-folders.
- Bluetooth Mouse and keyboard – Use a Bluetooth mouse and/or keyboard with your device and adjust its settings.
- UI Improvements – Access the notification bar on the lock screen. Drag apps/shortcuts on top of one another to create folders. New fully customizable Launch Bar at the bottom of the screen. Resizable widgets.
- Advanced Voice and Text Input – More robust and can be used to dictate an entire email. Intelligent enough to recognize pauses, breaks and punctuation. Advanced Spell Checker.
You might also like
Google’s rumored Google Now smartwatch could go into mass production within the next few months, says The Wall Street Journal. Reportedly, Google is in talks with Asian manufacturers on the
I’m sure there’s an audience out there who crave to play that annoying Flappy Bird game on a tiny smartwatch screen, so this one’s for you. Android dev Corbin Davenport,
I’m severely disappointed in Verizon and Samsung. The Samsung Fascinate, Big Red’s version of the Galaxy S, has been reviewed by the folks over at Engadget. They were quick to