Springpad 3.0 debuts with oodles of new goodies and sharing options
Springpad, the free note-taking/task with more than 3 million downloads, has been refreshed with a brand-new social experience. In addition to offering up synchronized lists, recispes, pictures, and notes, Springpad 3.0 now lets users share and discover with other trusted users. If you’re thinking this sounds a lot like Evernote and Pinterest hybrid, you’re not the first one. The new Springpad app and service features a fully customized experience with themes and accents, user-controlled sharing permissions, and improved organization.
- Take action: Save an item, and its automatically enhanced with information and alerts, such as price comparisons, maps, product availability alerts, restaurant reservation links, movie reviews and more.
- Be collaborative: Plan trips, parties, home remodels, group projects and everything in between together with others with collaborative notebooks on Springpad.
- Follow what matters: Keep tabs on your trusted resources for different interests; follow your foodie friends’ “Restaurant” and “Recipe” notebooks, without being inundated by updates to their “Weight Loss Progress” and “Break-up Song” notebooks (unless, of course, you want to).
- Discover more: Browse the Explore section and content tags to find information about the topics you’re passionate about, shared by other Springpad users; whether it’s gluten free recipes or your favorite band, you can tap into others’ carefully curated lists on the topics of your choice
Springpad Unveils Digital Notebooks with Benefits
Springpad’s New Smart Notebooks Give Users Information to Fuel Discovery, Knowledge and Action
BOSTON, MA – April 11, 2012 – Springpad today announced a new social experience for its smart notebooks making it easier to share, discover and act on the things users care about most, with the help of those they trust. The completely redesigned Springpad 3.0 now allows users to collaborate and share notebooks, discover ideas and information from trusted sources, and easily turn interests into action. It frees users from the fleeting nature of the stream, assuring that a notebook’s knowledge is available when a user needs it, rather than when someone posted it.
“As the world of infinite options creates more clutter and noise on the web, people are looking for new options to organize the stuff they care about,” explained Jeff Chow, Springpadco-founder and CEO. “More than three million users have already turned to Springpad and our enhanced information to help get things done. The new Springpad takes valued information to a new level by offering a completely re-designed experience that couples the intuitive intelligence of our platform with the knowledge of our community.”
The real-time web is an amazing resource for news and serendipitous discovery, but there’s so much more useful information in what gets shared beyond the immediate. Springpad3.0 moves beyond real-time sharing to give users control over when they discover information, who they get information from and how they choose to filter it. The persistent nature of Springpad’s organized notebooks and powerful filtering capabilities helps users access that information when they’re ready for it not just when it’s shared with them.
The new Springpad allows users to quickly and easily create and share notebooks with content in any form – recipes, books, movies, products, links, notes, tasks and more. The new explore section lets users easily find and follow notebooks of interest from other Springpad community members.
Beautifully simplified notebooks
The overall simplicity of Springpad makes sharing meaningful in any context, from collaborating with co-workers to planning a trip with friends or sharing a grocery list with family members. The redesigned Springpad notebooks include:
- Follow individual notebooks: by content and interest from friends and trusted sources
- Flexible sharing options: make notebooks private or public; and co-curate or collaborate with others.
- Enhanced filtering and organization: ability to tag, sort, and change views; find new notebooks via category and tag pages.
- Automatic enhancements and alerts: useful information like show times, price. comparison and reservation links; alerts provide updates, price drops and offers for saved items.
- Easy save options: new quick add bar; bookmarklet and browser extensions make searching and saving effortless.
- Universal access: web, retina optimized iOS and Android phones and tablets; offline support is available on all devices for all personal notebooks.
- Personalized notebooks: choose themes and accents.
Springpad is a social, smart cloud-based application that helps you discover, save, share and act on the things that matter most. Created by Boston-based Spring Partners and available for free for iOS, Android and on the Web, Springpad’s smart notebooks help you make better decisions. TIME Magazine named Springpad one of the 50 Best iPhone apps of 2012. To learn more about Springpad, visit www.springpad.com.
You might also like
As many of you know, the new Nexus 7 with LTE is now available from the Google Play Store and soon from T-Mobile stores. The LTE version of the Nexus
U.S. Cellular on Monday announced the upcoming availability of the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge. Arriving on Wednesday, January 7, the unique device will carry a $400 price tag with two-year
Another Samsung handset was outed thanks to some digging around the Bluetooth SIG website. Someone over at Unwired View happened upon a previously unmentioned T959 handset bearing some interesting specifications.