Hey there! Yeah, you! How would you like to get your hands on a free Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet? No, we’re not kidding – we have a brand new Android tablet that we’re super excited to be giving away. We’ve partnered with Skype for this promotion and couldn’t be more excited to see how you guys and gals respond!
We're giving stuff away to help celebrate our tenth anniversary. Are you in?
First, a bit about Skype
Founded in 2003 and based in Luxembourg, Skype is the text, voice and video service that nearly everyone has tried and used at least once. With almost 700 million users around the world, it’s fast becoming one of the de facto ways to stay in touch over long distances. In addition to desktop clients there are also applications that can be downloaded and installed on mobile devices, televisions, and more!
Next, a bit about the Galaxy Tab 10.1
We’re talking about the Wi-Fi, 10.1-inch 16GB Samsung tablet that everyone knows and loves. If you need a brush up on the hardware, here’s a quick rundown!
- Display: 10.1″ WXGA (1280×800)
- Android Honeycomb
- Dual Core Tegra 2 processor
- 1GB RAM
- Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n)
- 16GB internal storage
- 3-megapixel camera (720p video) on back
- 2-megapixel camera on front
How to Enter!
Since we’re doing this contest in conjunction with Skype we thought that we’d theme entries around video chat. We want to know: If you could video chat with anyone at all, ever, in the history of the universe, who would it be? Taking things a step further, we don’t even care if they are real or fictional. We want to know who you would video chat with and what you would talk about.
You can leave your answer in one of three places: here in the comments, our Facebook Wall, or on our Google Plus Page! Heck, you can even leave it all three places with different answers and increase your chances of winning. Should you leave a comment here, you must use a valid email address. Wherever you ultimately decide to leave your answer, make sure that we can reach you when it’s over. Note: you must leave your Facebook and/or Google Plus answer on the dedicated spot, linked within this sentence!
- Open to residents of the United States and Canada (we know, we know)
- Contest will run from May 24-June 7
- Winner will be notified and have 24 hours to respond before we move on to the second place winner.
- Judging will be conducted by a panel of AndroidGuys staff and will be primarily based on content and originality
- Yes, technically you could get away with “I’d video chat with Abraham Lincoln and we’d talk about Twilight”, but… really?
Have fun with your answer and think it through!