Verizon to scoop Ice Cream Sandwich for Xoom 3G/4G on June 4
Verizon today announced that their Motorola Xoom 3G/4G will finally see its Android 4.0 update in but a few days time. As detailed by Verizon this afternoon, the Ice Cream Sandwich update will be made available come Monday, June 4. In addition to all the great stuff that comes with the 4.0 release, the carrier also promises a number of enhancements and fixes.
Additional Device Enhancements & Fixes with Ice Cream Sandwich Upgrade:
Email, Messaging and Data
- 4G LTE upgrade issues resolved.
- Device successfully connects to 4G LTE network immediately after DUAL IMSI switch.
- Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) policy improvements.
- EAS security and sync fixed.
- Optimized EAS setup.
- Enhanced Client Conversions with EAS.
- Email search now available.
- Improved email folder ordering.
- Updated Browser with faster rendering, zoom and pan features.
- Users have the ability to save pages for offline reading and desktop versions of websites.
- Updated “People” application to integrate with Google+ and other social networks.
- Improved text input and spell-check.
- Down arrow added in browser navigation bar.
- Improved device stability.
- Pressing the power button locks the device when you have a pattern, pin or password lock enabled.
- App launcher has been redesigned to allow app dragging to do the following:
- Get Information
- Improved imaging capabilities:
- Launch camera from Lockscreen
- dded effects during video recording
- Single motion panoramamode
- Added photo editor to the Gallery application.
- Updated widget controls to allow expansion and contraction to show more content.
- New system font (Roboto) for improved readability.
- Improved screen rotation response time.
- Optimized widget sizes.
- Improved device stability limits the number of resets.
- Improvements to Mobile Hotspot connectivity.
You might also like
Motorola has been rocking the tech world with the Moto 360 and the Moto X+1 rumors. Well here is another tidbit of info for the Moto fans out there. The
We’re halfway through October and heading into that time of year where zombies find their way up and down suburban streets around America. Be it from your neighborhood trick-or-treaters or