Nyko introduces pair of gaming controllers for Android tablets
Nyko Technologies, has today introduced a pair of new Bluetooth gaming controllers for Android 3.X+ tablets. Available this fall, the PlayPad and PlayPad Pro will help ensure your Android gaming experience is not all that different from what you’re getting on consoles. The two controllers are being developed with input from NVIDIA and will support a number of games in the TegraZone, including that that takes advantage of the new Tegra 3 4-PLUS-1 quad-core mobile processor
The Nyko tablet controller series/line features:
- PlayPad Pro – Nyko’s full-sized controller for an at-home gaming experience, including dual analog sticks, d-pad, face buttons and shoulder triggers/bumpers for wireless tablet gaming in the living room.
- PlayPad – Nyko’s mini controller includes dual analog sliders, collapsible tablet stand and a carrying case for gaming on the go
- Console-style control for ease of gameplay, perfect for first-person shooters and other complex games.
- No rooting required; controllers are usable out of the box
- Compatible with all Android 3.0 and higher tablets/phones with Bluetooth®connectivity
In addition to the peripherals, Nyko has also created a free Android app, Playground, to allow for backwards compatibility for their controllers with legacy tablet titles. Even games that use keyboard mapping, touch mapping and mouse support can play nicely with the PlayPad series.
You might also like
ViewSonic officially announced the 22-inch ViewSonic Android Smart Display VCD22 at the Computex few months ago. I am still not sure what to call it, but after all it’s an all-in-one Android
Fans of the popular post-apocalyptic MMO game Fallen Earth will be pleased to learn of the new premium features in the companion app. The application, which has been available for a few months now, provides remote, real-time live game server access and options such as checking and deleting in-game messages, viewing achievements, and stats, as well as checking to see who is online.
Wanna do your part to help put the final touches on an Android app? TouchType wants to hear from you! They are currently looking for alpha testers for their upcoming