Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich voted best user experience by Parsons

Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich voted best user experience by Parsons

There’s no denying it: Android 4.0, or Ice Cream Sandwich”, has been a major improvement to the Android name. The new sleek design, the intuitive interface… it all comes together beautifully for the end-user. The platform itself has grown from its infancy, where the experience tended to be laggy, and many apps had issues working across devices. With ICS, we’re seeing Google’s best efforts put forward, and are glad to see what it’s done for our devices.

Now, the ICS platform has been given the Parsons School of Design User Experience 2012 award, effectively sealing the deal on just how great the overhaul is. While many users have yet to experience ICS on their devices, with an upgraded phone comes an upgraded experience, and we suggest getting an ICS device.

What are your thoughts on Android 4.0? love it, hate it? Let us know in the comments below.

via bgr

AndroidGuys
AndroidGuys 4639 posts

Get This Look!

Get this look for your Android smartphone:INFOGRAPHIC

One of our absolute favorite things about Android is the fact that you can bend and tweak the platform to your needs.  Sure, there’s rooting and modding for deep level

HTC: “We’ll miss our self-imposed Android 4.4 target”

HTC president (U.S.) Jason Mackenzie has penned a post on the company’s website advising that the hardware maker will miss its self-imposed target for Android 4.4 KitKat. Initially expected to

Android Market Now Accepting Priced Applications

Looks like the Wall Street Journal got it right.  The Android Market is now accepting priced applications with availability starting next week. According to the official Android Developers Blog, Google

1. Gerhard Peters
    June 14, 09:24 Reply

I got myself a Google Galaxy Nexus about a month ago and love everything about it.
    I had a Motorola with Andriod 2.3 on it and it has been well worth the upgrade

2. UbuntuMan
    June 14, 13:05 Reply

Although ICS has major user experience improvements, there are still some neat features missing that can only be found with rooted ROMS.

3. Barbosameister
    June 14, 23:58 Reply

i have a sony ericsson xperia arc s. The upgrade really is god but i noticed athe battery life is a little worst and the processor gets a little more hot. Dont know if it is normal. Im still testing it. But over all it seams a great upgrade.

4. I hate Android!
    July 03, 12:31 Reply

I have a Razr and Android 4. It is awful. It is slow. All the things I loved about my phone are gone. I hit phone and can’t get to my phonebook. No that is another app. I hold home to jump to the apps I am using but not anymore. Now I have to scroll through every damn app I have opened since my phone was turned off. I can’t shut down 4G LTE anymore. The keyboard is smaller and it sucks. It scrolls so slow. Yes scrolls in which you move whatever is on the screen down. My browser keeps having issues as well. It keeps freezing. To think just a few days ago I was in love with my phone and now I can’t wait to get rid of it. Oh and Verizon and Motorola refuse to help me. So Windows 8 or Apple here I come!

5. Joseph Bleyor
    July 06, 07:59 Reply

well, sorry to hear those comments but I’m having a totally amazing experience with the ICS.
    My HTC EVO 3D use to have a terrible boot time up to about 2mins and more but after upgrading to ICS, my boot time has been slashed down to about 1min plus my battery life has now been improved tremendously.

And the new user experience is awesome! I think the ICS performance varies from device to device. Thank God it works for me!

Joe