Official WinZip client arrives for Android
The official WinZip application for Android has arrived in the Google Play Store and it works exactly as you would expect. The free client is very much in line with its desktop counterpart, supports for encrypted files (including AES128, AES256), and promises secure viewing and transmission of sensitive data. A handy feature that we really appreciate is the ability to copy unzipped content to your clipboard for pasting into email or another apps.
The list of supported file types is about a mile long and includes nearly every document you use on a daily basis. In some instances, WinZip uses third party apps to open up other apps.
- Photos and images (.jpg, .jpeg, .png, .bmp, .gif)
- Text files (.rtf, .csv, .txt, .ini, .inf, .bat, .js, .log, .xml, .css, .java, .cs, .h, .m, .cpp, .c, .sql, .properties)
- Web files (.htm, .html, .jsp, .asp)
- Apk files (.apk)
- WinZip for Android works with 3rd-party apps to open:
- Word documents (.doc, .docx)
- Excel spreadsheets (.xls, .xlsx)
- PowerPoint presentations (.ppt, .pptx)
- PDF files (.pdf)
Download WinZip for your Android phone or tablet today!
You might also like
Worried about the radiation from your phone? The Pong classic case has you covered with a custom engineered antenna inside to reduce radiation exposure from your smart phone. The case
Following the launch of their flagship M8 smartphone, and some recent rumors, HTC has announced their new HTC One (E8) smartphone. This follows a now-popular trend of ‘lower-end’ phones being
So apparently Adobe is showing off a prototype Android tablet of some kind at the Web 2.0 Expo. Said tablet happens to play Adobe AIR applications and Adobe flash videos