Official WinZip client arrives for Android
The official WinZip application for Android has arrived in the Google Play Store and it works exactly as you would expect. The free client is very much in line with its desktop counterpart, supports for encrypted files (including AES128, AES256), and promises secure viewing and transmission of sensitive data. A handy feature that we really appreciate is the ability to copy unzipped content to your clipboard for pasting into email or another apps.
The list of supported file types is about a mile long and includes nearly every document you use on a daily basis. In some instances, WinZip uses third party apps to open up other apps.
- Photos and images (.jpg, .jpeg, .png, .bmp, .gif)
- Text files (.rtf, .csv, .txt, .ini, .inf, .bat, .js, .log, .xml, .css, .java, .cs, .h, .m, .cpp, .c, .sql, .properties)
- Web files (.htm, .html, .jsp, .asp)
- Apk files (.apk)
- WinZip for Android works with 3rd-party apps to open:
- Word documents (.doc, .docx)
- Excel spreadsheets (.xls, .xlsx)
- PowerPoint presentations (.ppt, .pptx)
- PDF files (.pdf)
Download WinZip for your Android phone or tablet today!
You might also like
Have one of the new Evo 4G LTE devices? If you do, chances are, you’ve been having issues with Google Wallet. Lockouts and inability to install the app at all
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will launch with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, according to a new SamMobile report. Already rumored to debut with cutting-edge hardware, the large smartphone will be