Version 3 of the popular Swiftkey for Android is now available in the Google Play Store and Amazon Appstore. Offered for a limited time discount of $1.99, the keyboard has undergone some changes since its last release and is full of features requested by the community. Details include two new themes, a smarter UI, larger space bar, dedicated comma button, and support for 42 languages. For the next seven days, Swiftkey will be on sale at half price for $1.99 and is a free upgrade for existing users.
Here’s a summary of what’s new:
- Smart Space – adding to SwiftKey’s already cutting edge correction, Smart Space detects mistyped or omitted spaces across strings of sloppily typed words in real-time.
- Two new themes – a new theme, ‘Cobalt’, to match SwiftKey’s new look and feel, and an Ice Cream Sandwich-styled ‘Holo’ theme, as voted for by you.
- An enhanced UI – a much larger space bar and smart punctuation key help improve accuracy and make it quick and easy to access common punctuation.
- Additional languages – SwiftKey 3 now offers support for an additional seven languages, bringing the total up to 42. The new languages are Korean, Estonian, Farsi, Icelandic, Latvian, Lithuanian and Serbian.
Since launching the Beta, we’ve taken your valuable feedback on board to include the following:
- A dedicated comma key, and the <123> key in the bottom-left corner.
- A refined Smart Punctuation pop-up for better, more consistent behavior.
- An improved Smart Space functionality for easier email addresses and URL entry.
- Reduced lag on some devices for a more responsive experience.
- A reintroduction of the long-press duration setting by popular request.
- Further improved prediction algorithms for even more accurate next word suggestions.
- Refined gestures for a smoother experience.
Note that the Amazon Appstore may not yet have the discounted price.