Twitter 3.3 debuts with push notifications, expanded tweets, and more
A new version (3.3) of the official Twitter client for Android has arrived today and it’s pretty sharp stuff if you ask us. There’s a host of new features including, expanded tweets and content previews (C-SPAN, MLB, Vimeo, others), improved auto-complete for users, and avatar tapping for quick access to profiles. Perhaps the most notable of the new stuff, however, is the ability to receive pushed notifications for users you follow. With this option it is now easier than ever to follow someone without letting them know how much of a stalker you really are.
- Expanded Tweets: when you view Tweet details containing links to partner sites, you can now see content previews, view images, play videos and more. [this feature is rolling out gradually]
- Push notifications for Tweets: choose to receive notifications from people you follow anytime they tweet or retweet
- Improvements to search autocomplete for users
- Tappable avatars that take you directly to user profiles
- Many other tweaks, polish, and bug and crasher fixes
You might also like
Amazon, as part of its Cyber Monday promotions, is offering up the Fire TV for only $69.00 today. A savings of 30% or $30, it’s pretty tough to pass up. Heck,
About a week ago we shared alleged images of Sony Xperia Z3 and Z3 Compact smartphones. Now we have some software leaks when it comes to Sony’s future flagship phone.
It was rumored that Google CEO Eric Schmidt would bring us some Gingerbread news at his Web 2.0 Summit appearance today. Well, sure enough, Android 2.3 made an appearance. Not