If you’re running ICS, at least version 4.0.3, on your Android device, then you should really check this out. A developer by the name of “Beansoft” has released a beta port of the Jelly Bean keyboard – and its prediction engine – that runs on Android 4.0.3 and above. According to the app in the Play Store, here are some details:
* Full next word prediction and auto correction of missing spaces only supported for English. (Normal word prediction/correction and bigram prediction is working for all other supported languages though)
* Only English, German, French, Spanish, Portugese (Brazil) and Russian supported
* FC issue on some devices when adding a word to the user dictionary
The installation procedure consists of 2(!) steps.
In the “language and input” settings of the general Android settings:
1. Check “Jelly keyboard” or “Rapid Keyboard” (for the new version)
2. Select “Jelly Bean keyboard” (or “Rapid Keyboard” for the new version) as your new default input method in the “Default” option (Alternatively, you can select the keyboard icon in your notification bar and switch to the keyboard. Note that the keyboard icon only shows up when a input method is active)
In other words, you’re looking at a standard installation of a new keyboard. I personally downloaded this keyboard and have been using it for the last 24 hours, and the prediction engine is amazing, and can easily compete with the best of them.
Hit the source link below to check it out for yourself, and let us know what you think in the comments.