January 26, 2015

Toshiba AT200 and AT300 tablets to receive Jelly Bean soon?

toshiba_at300_feature

Toshiba is one of the leading brands in the world of technology, especially when we talk about laptops. They made an entry in Android tablet market a few years ago, and they really made a blast with tablets like the Toshiba Excite 10. It’s a gorgeous tablet with a lot of potential under the hood. When Google launched the Nexus 7 with Jelly Bean, from that day, all Android tablet users are dreaming about only one thing, “when their tablet will get some Jelly Bean?”.

Though we don’t know about others but according to TabletGuide, they receive confirmation from Toshiba that Toshiba AT200 and AT300 will be upgraded to the Android 4.1 a.k.a Jelly Bean. The update will be over-the-air (OTA), but just like every announcement, Toshiba failed to give any specific date, but we can expect it in coming weeks or maybe months.

We want all the tablets to run on Android 4.1 because they all deserve it, though we hope that Toshiba Excite 10 and Excite 10 LE will see the desired update soon. Any Toshiba tablet users out there? Tell us what are your thoughts about it in the comment box below.

Source: TabletGuide

1. Dan

I’ll be excited when it gets to my AT300. But considering Toshiba’s history concerning updates, I won’t get excited until I see in actually see the download in progress.

2. martin clinton

I got the AT300 because it became apparent that my AT200 would probably never get ICS…and Toshiba released ICS for it the following week!! I wish they’d be a bit more forthcoming with the dates…

3. Adam Rochford

Just got a message from Toshiba on Facebook replying to me about this topic. They said the exact opposite, there are no plans to release JellyBean on Toshiba Excite as of Nov. 28, 2012.

4. Adam Rochford

Update from earlier, they Facebook messaged me and told me that JB is somewhere in the works, but no information can currently be released to me. No release date is publicly scheduled.

5. adrion

At300-10013G has a full pack spec like quad core 9 processor and stuff still the android os it self has never ending bugs. This unit runs 4.0.3 android and i am waiting till they updates to jelly bean…at least if this can be rooted i could install a custome android os… I have no idea if toshiba did check this device before sending to the market. Samsung dual core tab 2 runs much MUCH smoother then this thing

6. ef eiram

I just bought my Toshiba AT300 and last night I downloaded system update to Jelly Bean is it normal that while installing my tablet is also rebooting every now and then, which now about more than 10hrs on going? My first time to use tablet, anybody comment please….

7. Craig G

I’m glad I won my Excite 10LE in as a trade show door prize and that I didn’t sink several hundred dollars into a device designed for single OS version obsolescence. Would have loved to see a better commitment from Toshiba to their product and their customers. Their tablets aren’t good enough to merit the price if Toshiba isn’t willing to commit to keeping them updatable.

POST A COMMENT.