POLL: Which Android series is the best?

POLL: Which Android series is the best?

Which is better: Samsung’s Galaxy series or HTC’s EVO series?  What if we tossed in the Sony Xperia line and Verizon’s multi-manufacturer Droid roster?  Looking across all the various carriers and handset makers, we’ve seen some pretty great series of devices released.  To each of us, some carry more weight than others.  We want to know which one you find to be the best of the best of the best…

Hit the poll below and tell us which Android series is the best.  After you tick your box, head below and defend your answer.  Tell us why you chose the way you did.

EDIT: We added Nexus to the list of options as it was overwhelmingly popular among the early write-ins.

Header image via DeviantArt

Scott Webster
Scott Webster 6602 posts

According to Nielsen Research, Games Most Popular Mobile App Category in US

All your smartphone are belong to us! Apparently no one is using their smartphone to be productive, they just want to play games!

According to Nielsen research, games continue to be the most popular app category while productivity apps find themselves on the lower rungs of the ladder. This of course doesn’t surprise me one bit, what does surprise me is the fact that 93% of the people downloading games are actually willing to pay for them! Hear that developers? You’re more likely to get paid off of games vs. any other category. Chop, chop, start churning out those games!

Moto X 2014 leaks with Android 5.0 Lollipop

A new leak has surfaced that shows a build of Android 5.0 Lollipop that is already running on the Moto X 2014 showing a build number that was only completed

Huawei unveils MediaPad X1, the lightest 7-inch tablet in the market

If you are a mobile industry enthusiast such as me then you’ve got to love MWC. Three days of pure mobile madness. The Chinese manufacturer announced four products during its

1. Tenkely
    August 07, 11:29 Reply

Ummm… where is the Nexus line?

• Daner Doodle
      August 07, 13:29 Reply

i’m inclined to believe it’s under ‘Google Nexus’

• Tenkely
        August 07, 13:43 Reply

Yeah, it wasn’t there earlier little fella…

2. Lee
    August 07, 13:34 Reply

LG sux big balls. Worst buying decision I’ve made last year.

3. Yup
    August 07, 16:35 Reply

The Droid lineup is cluttered, confused the market (“Oh..I have a Droid”..while holding a Galaxy S2), and garbage.

4. rkwarner2
    August 07, 20:06 Reply

Although the idea for this poll is a good one, from my perspective, it’s biased.

To Explain,

I naturally think that the Galaxy line is the best, but why? Because I’ve used them. I owned a Vibrant for a while, the Galaxy S 4G for a short time, then the Galaxy S II; all being on T-Mobile. I also owned the original MyTouch, and look at some of the later versions before going with Samsung.

Though I read a lot about them, I’ve never actually used any of the EVO or Droid series. And most of my family and friends either have lower-end android phones or iPhones. The Xperia line may have a beautiful interface, the Nexus line rocks the pure Google experience, but without taking those phones through my own personal day to day, I can’t really give any of them the credit they deserve, and they have no chance of being a “favorite” of mine.

If you just want to compare specs, each line would have a phone that beats a phone in another line, but at the same time, doesn’t compare to a phone in yet another line.

Anyway, that’s just my opinion. The Galaxy S II and me get along well, and I would image that as long as Samsung continues doing what they’re doing, it would take something extraordinary to pull me away from the Galaxy family.

rk

5. Rik Aindow
    August 08, 04:02 Reply

I have a galaxy nexus and I absolutely love it purely for the fact it’s open and not locked or branded by my network in any way, shape or form. Although I’ve never experienced phones from the other lines so it’s not like I can make a fair comparison. The only EVO phone I know of in the UK is the EVO 3D and as for the others, I don’t know many who have them. It’s very close to call.