Samsung details next-gen Exynos 5 Dual processor
Samsung earlier this week, detailed its next-generation mobile processor, the EXYNOS 5 Dual, in a blog post.. If you thought today’s current smartphones and tablets had beast hardware then wait until these things arrive.
Key specifications for the system-on-a-chip (SoC) include the following:
- Cortex-A15 dual core (with each core running at 1.7GHz speed)
- Up to 2560×1600 WQXGA display support
- 1080p 60fps video hardware
- High-speed interfaces USB 3.0 and SATA3
- Image Signal Processor (ISP) of 8M pixel 30fps
- OpenGL ES 3.0, OpenCL 1.1, and DirectX 11 support
Head to the blog post to get all the details which, frankly, tends to float just above our heads. As many of you know, we’re not the blog for intricate hardware details and benchmarks. All we know is that this stuff is going to be pretty darn epic.
Thanks to those of you who passed this along.
You might also like
Amazon Kindle Fire users with HBO accounts are encouraged to check out the Appstore today. The on-demand awesomeness that is HBO Go is now available is available for the 7-inch
A few weeks back we posted an article about an upcoming handset from Motorola called the Mirage (or Shadow).Â At the time, we posited that the phone would likely be