Orbotix to launch host of games for Sphero, entertain us even more
Sphero owners will soon have more to do with that robotic ball than just draw circles, as Orbotix has announced several (five, to be exact) Sphero-specific games that are sure to occupy
hours days of free time. Each game is different from the next, so there should be something for everyone.
- ColorGrab sounds like a modern version of Simon Says, with colors. Varying colors flash on the screen, and users have to move Sphero at the right time to get points.
- Doodle Grub, which Orbotix is hailing as a “fresh take on the Snake game,” is pretty much exactly what it sounds like. Players will navigate a grub with Sphero, eat apples, grow, and avoid enemies.
- Golf v2 is also a bit obvious: it’s an improved version of Sphero Golf, with better accuracy and course creation.
- Exile, perhaps the most interesting of the games, is much more fast-paced than golfing or color coordination. Players can fly through space (via Sphero and some on-screen prompts, of course), destroy enemies, and collect energy cores.
- Finally, TAG is currently only available on iOS, but that can’t stop us from hoping that it’ll hit Android sometime soon. It’s being dubbed as a “new take on the classic Red Light, Green Light,” which definitely catches our attention.
Orbotix is also putting the finishing touches on a revamped version of the Sphero app itself, called Sphero v2. It’s said to combine SpheroCam, SpheroDrive, and the Sphero app all into one ball of fun. Sphero v2 will debut on September 14th, with improved accuracy and more intuitiveness.
So, who else is excited about the new games coming from Orbotix? Do they give you that extra push to order a Sphero? Sound off in the comments!
[styled_link link=”http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sphero-rolls-out-new-apps-to-turn-you-into-a-baller-167694335.html” variation=”green” textColor=”#000000″]Press Release[/styled_link]
You might also like
Remixnation have today added Chromecast support to their iOS and Android app ShowYou, allowing you to push interest-curated online videos to the big screen. ShowYou helps find the most interesting
A tip from Jay Neff reveals that Fandango.com, a popular site for checking theatre show times and purchasing tickets, has just announced their official app for Android. The Fandango Android
Twenty-two model numbers for Samsung’s successor to the Galaxy Note 3 have leaked thanks to @evleaks, showing where it will be available worldwide. From the leaked model numbers, we can