This Day in Android: Galaxy S II announced for three U.S. carriers
It was one year ago today that T-Mobile, Sprint, and AT&T customers were officially introduced to the Samsung Galaxy S II. Hitting the respective carriers over the coming weeks, the phone would get unique names for its various providers. Priced at $199, the Galaxy S II was already popular overseas and went on to sell like gangbusters here in the United States.
Standout specs for the Galaxy S II:
- 1.2 GHz dual core processor
- 4.52” Super AMOLED Plus Screen (800×480 Pixel)
- Android 2.3.4, Gingerbread
- Rear-facing Resolution: 8.0 MP
- Front-facing Camera Resolution: 2.0 MP
- 16GB internal storage
Did any of you buy a Samsung Galaxy S II?