T-Mobile turns 10 today, begins offering Unlimited 4G data plans
T-Mobile turns ten years old today, did you remember to buy a gift? The nation’s fourth largest carrier is celebrating the event by offering up its unlimited data plans. Unveiled back on August 22, the Unlimited Nationwide 4G Data plan cost $20 per month when added to a Value voice and text plan or $30 per month when added to a Classic voice and text plan.
Check out the press release below for the full details as well as a number of self-congratulatory accolades and accomplishments. Did you know that T-Mobile was the first carrier to offer an Android phone?!
- First Personal Coverage Check (2005) – Provided consumers with transparent view of network coverage where they live and work
- First Wi-Fi Calling Service in U.S. (2007) – Allowed voice calling over Wi-Fi
- First Android phone – T-Mobile G1™ with Google™ (2008) – Kicked off wave of subsequent Android offerings
- First U.S. carrier to launch an HSPA+ network (2009) – Today, T-Mobile’s fast and dependable nationwide 4G network is available in 229 markets, reaching well over 220 million people
- First to break from Subsidy Model (2009) – T-Mobile’s Even More plans and later Value Plans allow customers to pay for their devices over time or to bring their own devices to T-Mobile
Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile USA, Inc. is the U.S. wireless operation of Deutsche Telekom AG (OTCQX: DTEGY). By the end of the second quarter of 2012, approximately 130 million mobile customers were served by the mobile communication segments of the Deutsche Telekom group — 33.2 million by T-Mobile USA — all via a common technology platform based on GSM and UMTS and additionally HSPA+ 21/HSPA+ 42. T-Mobile USA’s innovative wireless products and services help empower people to connect to those who matter most. Multiple independent research studies continue to rank T-Mobile USA among the highest in numerous regions throughout the U.S. in wireless customer care and call quality. For more information, please visit http://www.T-Mobile.com.
You might also like
In March 2013 the Minuum team began a campaign on Indigogo.com garnering such interest in their project that just 4 months later they’ve raised almost 900% of their $10,000 goal
HTC just hit the stage at MWC, and they started off with a bang. Peter Chou, the Taiwanese company’s CEO, showcased some amazing new technology they’ve been working on, and
If you’ve never used Box for Android, you’re really missing out. It’s a file organizer, and all your files are backed up online, much like Dropbox. You can share, browse,