News360 debuts new design and personalization options for tablets
News360 today announced that they’ve released a refreshed version of its Android tablet application. Available in the Google Play store immediately, the 3.0 client brings new customization and personalization features as well as a totally refreshed design. As one of our favorite news clients ever, News360 just gets better with each update. Speaking of, we simply love the way the app gets smarter with each use, learning everything about us!
- An entirely redesigned interface provides a quicker, sleeker browsing experience.
- A single integrated “Home” feed serves as a one-stop shop for discovering the news that’s most important to you.
- Your News360 learns more about you as you use it, improving feeds as you read, share and like articles.
[download_link link=”https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.news360.news360tablet” variation=”hotpink” target=”blank”]Download News360 for Android tablets[/download_link]
A New News360 Released For Android Tablets
Satisfies Your News Appetite, Saves You Time And Makes You Smarter
After completely re-imagining the News360 app for the iPad earlier this summer, today we’re announcing the latest reincarnation of News360 for Android tablet users, ready for free download from Google Play. See for yourself — it’s one of the sleekest, sharpest tools for tackling the Web’s content overload problem head on, winning the hearts & minds of tech insiders and enthusiasts across the board.
At News360, we’re focused on a providing a tool that acts as your personal filter for the internet, surfacing only the most relevant, high quality content and using advanced AI to carefully evaluate your unique preferences. We consider factors like tone, length, subject, author, sharing activity and a whole lot more to match you with articles and topics you’ll find interesting — even if you didn’t know they even exist yet. We mix in a daily dose of the world’s top headlines so you can read the news you need to know alongside the personalized news about your interests you want to you know, so you get smarter the more you use it (just like the app itself.) Achieving this perfectly balanced news diet is what’s gotten people hooked, as readers discover the beauty of broadening their horizons to new topics while still enjoying content about their favorite topics.
What to Expect in The New News360 for Android Tablets:
- Escape the Social Discovery Echo-Chamber: We don’t just organize your Facebook and Twitter feeds in a pretty frame, nor do we serve you articles just because your friends or followers liked them. We analyze your actions within your social cloud to understand your personality, and make predictions about the types of content you’d enjoy. Connect social accounts to News360 and we’ll to build a reader that’s tailored precisely for you, putting each story under the microscope to make sure it’s the perfect match for you — not your friends.
- Under-the-Hood Access. You can manually customize and tweak feeds any time. Doesn’t everyone do that? Sure, but let’s take a closer look. Typically, you’ve got two options for customizing feeds: adding sources that you already know you like, or adding broad categories like “Technology” or “Sports.” News360 lets you get under the hood to understand and adjust the factors that impact your unique personalized news algorithms, like sources, topics and trends. For example, you can edit your science category to keep tabs on your obsession with space travel, and filter out the stories about health or genetics, if those don’t happen to strike your fancy.
- Home Is Where The News Is. A single integrated “Home” feed serves as a one-stop shop for discovering the news that’s most important. The home feed delivers all the headline news you need to know as a responsible, informed citizen of the world, as well as the niche stories you want from your personalized categories and subscriptions, so that you don’t need to switch between different media channels to stay on top of the news.
- Better with Age. Your News360 learns more about you as you use it, improving feeds as you read, share and like articles. You’ll grow more fond of each other as time goes by.
- Pretty on the Outside, Too. An entirely redesigned interface provides a quicker, sleeker browsing experience. Smart and pretty? It’s like the Natalie Portman of news apps.
- No Wi-Fi? No Problem. News360 lets you quickly scan your feed and save stories to read later for the next time you’re offline. We work with Instapaper and Pocket, too.
- Spike Your Newsfeed With a Kick. Sick of all the tired topics that seem to dominate the news? Opt for a dose of sunshine and rainbows with News360’s new “Good News” section, or thriller fantasies with the “Zombies” category.
- You’re the Expert. Worried that there is too much great content to go through? Fret no more. As you read through your Home feed, we’ll let you know whether you’ve read enough to confidently bluff your way through any cocktail party, or if you’re ready to win that Jeopardy tournament.
You might also like
Nowadays, a lot of manufacturers like Samsung are making their own chipsets for devices. ChinaTimes is reporting that HTC has teamed up with ST-Ericsson, and together they will create processor chips for
I’d like to revisit that whole deal with AT&T and why they weren’t on board with Google in the first place. Allegedly, they were afraid that Google would tie the
Okay so your curiosity was piqued just a bit the other day when you heard that Sylvania had a 7-inch Android tablet at Kmart. Heck, for less than $200 ($180), you were at least thinking about heading to your local store to check it out. As tough as it might be to resist the urge to pick one up, you might want to wait until Thanksgiving, if possible.