Verizon Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 now receiving Ice Cream Sandwich
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is around from a long time now, and it’s one of the finest Android tablets Samsung is offering at the moment. Though if you are using Verizon’s Galaxy Tab 10.1, then I got a good news for you. Verizon has officially announced the Android 4.0 update for the Galaxy tab 10.1, and each device will receive the update soon. The update will bring couple of new features to the Tab, and will improve its performance as well. It will bring new features like new camera capabilities, a redesigned Gallery app and the inclusion of “Undo” and “Redo” options in the email composer. Check out the full change-log below:
- Your Quick Panel has been updated to give you fast access to Driving Mode, Sync and more.
- Monitor your data usage all in one place. Set warning levels, check individual app usage or turn off data completely.
- Important Note: The on-device Data Usage meter may not match the amount of data for which the customer will be charged by Verizon Wireless.
- The My Verizon Mobile app reflects billable data usage and best indicator of how much of the current month’s data allowance has been used.
BROWSER DESKTOP VIEW
- Take advantage of a more robust browser experience with the new Desktop View option that has been added in browser.
- Calculator will display a “Keep It Simple” basic calculator. The Scientific Calculator will appear when switched to Landscape Mode.
Additional features to this upgrade include:
- Applied Android Ice Cream (ICS) OS upgrade to 4.0.4.
- Pinch to Zoom functionality has been added in homescreen and main menu screen.
- Google Plus has been integrated.
- Google Text-To-Speech Engine has been integrated in the upgrade.
- In Email search menu, search criteria by date, sender & title.
- In Email Composer, ‘undo’ and ‘redo’ options have been added.
- A quick response message may be quickly inserted into the body while composing a message.
- Initiate a ‘New Meeting Invitation’ for Exchange accounts.
- Redesigned Gallery app with photo editor includes:
- More ways to sort albums by time, location, people and tags.
- Photo studio that allows users to crop and rotate pictures, set levels and remove red eyes.
- Improved Picture Gallery widget lets users look at pictures directly on their home screen.
- Rich and versatile camera capabilities including:
- Continuous focus.
- Android 4.0 Zero shutter lag exposure.
- Stabilized image zoom.
- Built-in face detection to locate faces in the frame and automatically set focus.
- Single-motion panorama.
- Apps can now set custom metering regions in a camera preview.
- Wi-Fi Direct support by Android platform.
- Android 4.0 introduces built-in support for connecting to Bluetooth Health Device Profile (HDP) devices, With support from third-party apps, users can connect to wireless medical devices and sensors in hospitals, fitness centers, homes and elsewhere.
You might also like
In keeping with all the new devices launching on various and sundry carriers, Fido has launched a new Android phone. The LG Gossip Pro comes with: Android 2.3 Gingerbread 2.8
Rovio is set to follow the Valentine’s Day edition of Angry Birds Seasons with a St. Patrick’s Day theme.
McAfee has released their second quarter (Q2 ’11) Mobile Threats Report today and its more confirmation that mobile users need to be cautious. As McAfee figures, the amount of malware