Dick’s Sporting Goods debuts official Android app
Dick’s Sporting Goods today announced that it recently began offering an official Android application. Arriving some time late last week, the free app lets users find a nearby store, shop for products, and follow Dick’s on social networks. Like other retail-based apps, this one also provides access to loyalty programs (ScoreCard Rewards Program), and offers barcode scanning for news, prices, and reviews.
[download_link link=”https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=DsgUI.android&feature=nav_result” variation=”hotpink” target=”blank”]Download DICK’s Sporting Goods (Google Play)[/download_link]
DICK’S Sporting Goods Launches Mobile Application
Pittsburgh, Sept. 20, 2012 – To further enhance the mobile and in-store experience for its customers, DICK’S Sporting Goods (NYSE: DKS), the largest U.S. based full-line sporting goods retailer, today announced the launch of a comprehensive mobile application for iPhone® and Android™ smartphones.
With the new DICK’S Sporting Goods Mobile App, users will have access to all the benefits of the ScoreCard® Rewards Program, the ability to locate DICK’S stores in the area or make purchases directly from the app as well as be rewarded for engaging with the DICK’S Sporting Goods brand on social media.
The Dick’s Sporting Goods Mobile App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone and iPod Touch as well as from Google Play or for both platforms by visiting
Debuting at No.1 among iPhone apps in the Lifestyle category, the DICK’S Sporting Goods Mobile App empowers users with a wide array of tools and features including:
- Seamless integration with the ScoreCard Rewards Program – including the ability to create an account, track points, access Rewards Certificates and make ScoreCard Rewards purchases. Customers with the App will no longer need to carry their physical ScoreCard Rewards Card or print Rewards Certificates to redeem them. Additionally, for a limited time, ScoreCard Reward members who download the App will receive 50 ScoreCard Rewards bonus points.
- Quick and easy “Find a Store” tool to help users locate a DICK’S Sporting Goods store in their area.
- Full access to shop the extensive lineup of products and make purchases directly from the app.
- Built-in barcode scanner functionality, allowing shoppers to scan product and marketing QR codes in-store and access information including product description, news, price and user reviews.
- The ability to “like” DICK’S Sporting Goods on Facebook and “follow” the brand on Twitter as well as check into DICK’S locations on Foursquare. By interacting with the brand via any of these actions, for a limited time ScoreCard Reward members can earn bonus ScoreCard Rewards points – even without making a purchase.
“Our goal is to provide a world-class shopping experience for our valued customers when they visit DICK’S Sporting Goods stores or when they shop for products at DICK’S online,” said Lauren Hobart, DICK’S Sporting Goods Chief Marketing Officer. “As we continue to advance our mobile strategy, we’re excited to debut our new smartphone application which will enhance the in-store experience by empowering users to optimize their purchases, while receiving unique and rewarding opportunities to further engage with our brand via social media.”
About Dick’s Sporting Goods, Inc.
Dick’s Sporting Goods, Inc. is an authentic full-line sporting goods retailer offering a broad assortment of brand name sporting goods equipment, apparel and footwear in a specialty store environment. The Company also owns and operates Golf Galaxy, LLC, a golf specialty retailer. As of July 28, 2012, the Company operated 490 Dick’s Sporting Goods stores in 44 states, 81 Golf Galaxy stores in 30 states and eCommerce websites and catalog operations for Dick’s Sporting Goods and Golf Galaxy. Dick’s Sporting Goods, Inc. news releases are available at http://www.dickssportinggoods.
You might also like
Since 2012, Noom Coach has been the #1 grossing health and fitness app available on Google Play. This app allows users to track their workouts and diet all in one
This year Google I/O was probably the best so far, and also a lot happened this year. Google introduced their latest version of Android, known as the Android L. The
Lookout, the guys behind some of our favorite mobile security apps, have just released some pretty troubling data. This time we’re not talking about malware or other threats of that