Jazz up your smartphone with a Bling My Thing case
This review might skew a little bit toward the ladies, but hey, whatever. You need lovin’ too, right? We’ve come across a really sharp protective case for your Galaxy S III and other Android devices. They’re from a company called Bling My Thing and they do exactly that – bedazzle your Android smartphone.
- Premium low-profile polycarbonate cases to ensure protection without bulk
- Form fitting case with access to all ports on smartphone
- Anti-scratch coating to prevent nicks and blemishes to phone
- Designed by Ayano Kimura, renowned for her crystal customization work
- Available in a variety of colors and styles including Simple Is Beautiful Collection, Drop, Orchids, and Sunrise
We had a chance to review one of the Simple Is Beautiful models (above) and really found it to be a nice touch of class and protection. Essentially a clear snap-on case that goes over the back of your existing battery cover, this lets your white or blue, (or whatever) backside shine through, but with a bunch of glitz and glamour. Precisely cut for your phone, the buttons and ports are still easy to get to and unaffected.
We initially expected these to be more gimmick-y and cheaply made but are happy to say these cases can stand up to moderate wear pretty well. Tossing in a purse, on the counter, and in the console of a car over the course of a few weeks, we were pleased to see every jewel still intact. Pricing and design will vary according to your tastes but most models we looked at fall in the range of $45-$55 each.
What we Liked:
- Quality of build is better than expected; jewels hold up well
- No need to replace existing battery cover
- Thin and light, it adds next to nothing to thin experience
Room for Improvement:
- Pricing is a barrier from much higher adoption rate
- We’d like to see more masculine offerings
- Wider selection of Android devices would be welcome
Where to Buy
Bling My Thing website
You might also like
A few months ago, I reviewed the UNU Superpak Battery Pack, and had a great experience with it. That battery pack was more portable with its 6000 mAh battery.
Bluetooth headphones have been gaining popularity, but some users may still be searching for great headphones that can withstand their daily routine. Enter BlueAnt, a company specializing in Bluetooth accessories,