Google offers tips to developers looking for tablet app exposure
Are you an Android developer looking to get a leg up on your fellow game or app designer? Consider Google’s recent post on the developer blog which aims to give you an advantage. As their own Reto Meier advises, there are going to be some opportunities in the coming months for featured tablet apps in Google Play. So, if you wanna get in on some of that app love, you’d be wise to check out the newly-created checklist for tablet apps.
- Test for Core App Quality
- Optimize your layouts
- Use the extra screen area
- Use assets designed for tablets
- Adjust fonts and touch targets
- Adjust homescreen widgets
- Offer the app’s full feature set
- Don’t require hardware features
- Declare tablet screen support
- Follow best practices for publishing in Google Play
Google cites a few examples of tablet apps done right, including Mint.com, Instapaper, Tiny Co, and Instapaper. All three, according to Google, reported increased user engagement, better monetization, and more downloads from users because of their layout.
You might also like
Late yesterday saw Adobe CTO Kevin Lynch take to the official blog to reiterate the company’s recent stance on mobile platforms. No longer interested in working with Apple, Adobe has
Material design is undeniably beautiful, so why not embrace it even more by downloading one of the below Lollipop Material Design HD Wallpapers? Credit: Ankit Anand