Citrix has rolled out a new version of its Android client for the popular service/product, GoToMyPC. Available for tablets and Kindle Fire devices alike, the new app lets users work on PC and Mac from mobile, in an experience not all unlike a remote-control. As is the case with other versions of the app, the GoToMyPC app is free of charge but requires a GoToMyPC subscription for your host Mac or PC. Once you download the app on your device you open the app, log in, select the host computer and connect.
“From smartphones to tablets and laptops, mobile devices are a necessity for getting work done…We believe having secure remote access on your mobile device gives you better work-life balance because you’re no longer tied to your desk. Now with the new GoToMyPC app for Android and Kindle Fire, you can access your computer from anywhere. At Citrix, we’re focused on solutions that are simple by design and support new ways of working.”
Mobile Feature Highlights:
- Instant access to all your files, programs and network
- Works seamlessly with your existing firewalls – no need for special configuration
- Precision mouse control so it’s easy to tap the details
- 300% zoom to see details and work without straining your eyes
- Full keyboard functionality, including special keys like Alt, Ctrl and Tab
- Keyboard locking and screen blanking on the computer you access (PC only)
- Multi-monitor support
- 128-bit AES encryption, dual passwords and end-to-end user authentication
- Connects over 3G, 4G and Wi-Fi networks
We're giving stuff away to help celebrate our tenth anniversary. Are you in?
[download_link link=”https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.citrixonline.gotomypc” variation=”hotpink” target=”blank”]Download GoToMyPC (Google Play)[/download_link]