Get this look for your Android smartphone: 4.2 Clock
One of our absolute favorite things about Android is the fact that you can bend and tweak the platform to your needs. Sure, there’s rooting and modding for deep level personalization, but that stuff does not always concern the everyman user. Some of just like to change the home screen around a bit and create a new user experience.
There’s a wonderful website that we’ve long appreciated called MyColorScreen which aims to shed light on all the great ways you can modify your home screens. To that end, we’ve created a series of posts on AndroidGuys where we will highlight an occasional design and its accompanying apps. In a nutshell we will show you a new look for your Android handset and tell you which apps you’ll need if you want to mimic the feel. Please note that the following details are but the ingredients to which you can create your own delicious Android dish – results will vary. And that’s awesome.
Clock 4.2 by Samuariz
WHY WE LOVE THIS LOOK:
Does it get any more minimalistic than black (or gray) and white? While it’s easy to put black on white background and call it a day, this design is just the right shade of gray. Add into it that the icons are void of text yet feature very simple design elements, we know what we’re clicking on. Who doesn’t love to know the time, weather, and battery life at a glance?
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Ultimate Custom Widget (UCCW) (FREE)
- Apex Launcher (FREE)
- Weather Eye (FREE)
- Simple Calendar Widget (FREE)
- Power Toggles (FREE)
- “Everything you need” (.zip)
- Setting of Apex launcher: 6*3 grid, large horizontal margins, no vertical margin, dock activated (7 icons)
- Set the wallpapers thanks to Multipicture Wallpaper.
- On the first screen, put a 3×3 UCCW widget, import “4.2-battery circle”.
- Do the same with “4.2-analog clock” and “4.2-weather icon”.
- On the first screen, put a 3×1 UCCW widget, import “4.2-battery state”.
- Do the same with “4.2-clock” and “4.2-“Mainetnant””.
- Put your shortcuts in the dock and make their icons transparent.
- You can also put the pages shortcuts at the top and make their icons transparent, but it really isn’t necessary ;).