As many of our readers are finding themselves as proud owners of new Android tablets, we’re hearing feedback from the community. One question we often get is, “What’s a good Bluetooth keyboard for my…?” Today, that’s a no-brainer; Logitech’s K810 Bluetooth keyboard is the best on the market.
Right away, the thing that drew us to this keyboard is the fact that it features backlit keys. As someone who will often pull late-night hours or work from the couch, it’s a welcome change from most other Bluetooth keyboards. Along those lines, we really enjoy the fact that we can toggle brightness of the lighting and essentially turn it off in the middle of the day. Every little bit helps the battery, right?
Another wonderful detail for the K810 keyboard is that it allows us to connect to up to three devices. It’s a simple matter of pressing one of three Bluetooth buttons to tell it which one we want to work with. Pairing to a new device is also simple as there’s a small button on the bottom side. We were able to successfully connect and pair the keyboard with various Android phones and tablets as well as our Chromebox.
Although this is more of a general “catch all” keyboard designed for Android, iOS, and Windows 8, there are a handful of hot keys that work well. Pretty much every button you’d expect to see on a keyboard is present, even four directional buttons. While we would have enjoyed more dedicated Android keys we do understand the decision to cast a wider net. Truth be told, Logitech has designed this windows 8 in mind, even going so far as to put a hot key.
We actually had to check to see what the battery was rated at because we’ve only had to charge this up one time over the last two weeks. We don’t use this as our daily driver but we’d be lying if we said we expected it would last this long. That said, Logitech’s website says we will get anywhere between 10 days and up to a year depending on “intensity of illumination and time spent typing”. That’s just crazy.
Other details for the Logitech K810 keyboard include microUSB charging, on/off switch, motion sensor for turning on the backlighting, and a thin form factor. Logitech has also spent a bit of time making sure the keys feel good and responsive, putting PerfectStroke and Incurve technology into the device. We found that they keyboard was nearly the same size as our desktop counterpart and every bit as responsive.
- Better typing—day or night: Keys are sharp, bright and always easy to read thanks to auto-adjusting illumination which dims or brightens depending on the amount of light in the room.
- Switching made simple: Logitech Easy-Switch™ allows you to quickly change between typing on your PC to typing on your tablet or smartphone with the touch of a button.
- Substance meets style: The real, brushed aluminum finish and ultra-thin, compact design will perfectly complement your PC, Ultrabook™, tablet or smartphone—and your style.
What we liked:
- Illuminated keys help in low-light or dark situations
- Battery life is crazy long
- Pairs with up to three different devices at once
- Responsive, quiet keys are soft and generous
Room for improvement:
- Would like more dedicated Android keys or programmable options
Where to buy:
You can pick one up at Logitech’s website for $99.99 anytime you’re ready! Amazon is also listing the K810 keyboard for a couple bucks less. As of the time of this article, the Bluetooth keyboard was offered at $96.42.