Google Now updated with travel-minded features
A new version of Google Now (Google Search) has arrived in Google Play, just in time to put the finishing touches on your holiday travel plans. As detailed on the official Android blog, the update makes it easier to prepare for road trips and flights.
Before you even leave your house, Google Now will tell you what the weather will be like at your destination. At the airport, your boarding pass is automatically pulled up, helping you breeze through to the gate. And once you’ve arrived at your destination, Google Now can help you uncover some great activities, by showing you events happening around you, suggesting websites for you to explore as you research things to do..
Of course, this isn’t everything that Google Now does for folks; Android 4.2 users may already be familiar with recent enhancements. How many of you are using Google Now for currency conversion, translation, and flight status ?
In a final bit of cool stuff, Voice Search gets even better with the ability to discover a song playing in background, scan barcodes, and post status updates to Google+
For Android 4.1+ (Jelly Bean), Google Search keeps getting faster, plus:
- New cards:
- Events nearby
- Suggestions to help with your research
- Boarding passes from Gmail (United only, more to come)
- Search by camera when at museums or shops
- Weather at upcoming travel destinations
- Approximate monthly summary of walking and biking activity
- New voice actions:
- Post to Google+
- Say “What’s this song?” to find the song you hear
- Say “Scan a barcode” to find product info