Premium Suite upgrade coming to Samsung Galaxy S3
The Galaxy S3 is about to get even cooler. How? Samsung is going to start rolling out the Premium Suite upgrade. which adds in some features and enhancements for the device. The suite will smell heavily of features from the Note 2 and the Note 10.1. Here’s what we’ll be seeing:
- Page Buddy: Your phone will smartly predict what you intend to do according to your actions. For example, when you plug in your earphones, the device automatically opens up a page with the music player.
- Contextual Menu: When you list up apps, you can now choose to see the most frequently used ones first. Especially convenient when you’re looking through apps to find files to attach.
- Contextual Tag: When you take a picture on the phone, you can tag the weather, date, and place immediately.
- Multi Window: You can open two different apps at the same time into two different windows on the mobile screen.
- Auto Share Shot Pairing using NFC: By setting the camera to ‘Auto Share Shot’ mode, you can quickly share your photos and videos by simply tapping their GALAXY S III with other NFC and S-Beam enabled devices
- Reader Mode: You can easily control the size of the text on your browser! Also, you can just click the webpage to share it!
- Facebook Lock Ticker: The easiest way to see your Facebook News Feeds – set your phone to show it on your lock screen.
- Paper Artist: You can make a picture like a pop artist! Change the moods of your pictures whenever you want!
- Camera, Low Light Shot: It’s always tough to take pictures in dark places. So the GALAXY S III with Premium Suite has a Low-Light-Shot function. Get your hands on one and check out the difference!
- Camera, Best Face: The problem with group pictures? Somebody always, ALWAYS blinks. Well, Best Face is your solution to that. Best Face takes 5 consecutive pictures and lets you choose the best face for each person among those shots.
New Features & Better Accessibility
- Easy Mode: For first-time smartphone users and/or those who are really really, well, lazy. This function helps you set up the most five frequently used widgets on the home screen, so you don’t have to be tired of looking everywhere to find those apps.
- Sound Balance: You can adjust the balance of volume one each side of earphones.
- Setup Wizard: After turning on your cell phone, you can see the accessibility menu right away on the screen.
- Camera Easy Snap: With ‘talk back’ and ‘face detection’ on your settings menu, the GALAXY S III tells you how many faces it can detect on the camera preview.
According to Samsung, to our chagrin, the upgrade will be dependent on the country and carrier. Stick here for more updates on this as they’re available.
You might also like
Dear listeners, you complete us. So tune in tonight at 10PM Eastern, 7PM Pacific, for the Android Guys Thursday Night podcast, this week with special guest Kevin Purdy of Lifehacker. We’ll talk
The Android Market should be teeming with applications by now, but it isn’t.Â Granted, the platform is in its infancy and is really only available on one handset right now.Â
There is another sign today that Android continues to pick up steam in the smartphone industry. Reuters is reporting that Samsung plans to put Android on 50% of it’s smartphones