From the rumor mill: Motorola X phone to be sold cheaply on Google Play, unlockable on Verizon, and available on multiple carriers
Over at Droid-Life, there’s some inside information leaking that may or may not be of any actual value… but we can hope. The rumor mill is now pushing hard on the Motorola X phone, and dropping lists like the following:
- Motorola X Phone will be announced at Google I/O in May.
- Current target for release is July 8 (definitely subject to change).
- All carriers will sell the X Phone.
- Verizon will sell it for $299 on contract.
- All versions will also be sold through the Google Play store at similar off-contract price to Nexus line.
- If you want to unlock the bootloader through Verizon, they will charge a $15/month fee.
- If you buy it through Google Play, it comes unlocked with no fee.
- Not a “Nexus” but will come running stock Android and with some bloatware.
- Bloatware can apparently be removed once unlocked.
In case you’re wondering, yes… the 4th from the bottom says unlocking from Verizon for $15 / month. Weird, for sure. What do you think? Be sure to let us know in the comments.
You might also like
We previously covered INQ Mobile here back in September of 2009 as the company announced they would be looking to bring their own Android phones to the United States. Here
Want some news about LG’s new Android tablet powerhouse? Last we heard from the Korean tech giant LG, it was scrapping plans for Froyo and looking forward to a more
I bet most of you have played the infamous Flappy Bird, the most wrote and talked about mobile game in the last year or so, for sure. We’ll hear from