From the rumor mill: Motorola X phone to be sold cheaply on Google Play, unlockable on Verizon, and available on multiple carriers
Over at Droid-Life, there’s some inside information leaking that may or may not be of any actual value… but we can hope. The rumor mill is now pushing hard on the Motorola X phone, and dropping lists like the following:
- Motorola X Phone will be announced at Google I/O in May.
- Current target for release is July 8 (definitely subject to change).
- All carriers will sell the X Phone.
- Verizon will sell it for $299 on contract.
- All versions will also be sold through the Google Play store at similar off-contract price to Nexus line.
- If you want to unlock the bootloader through Verizon, they will charge a $15/month fee.
- If you buy it through Google Play, it comes unlocked with no fee.
- Not a “Nexus” but will come running stock Android and with some bloatware.
- Bloatware can apparently be removed once unlocked.
In case you’re wondering, yes… the 4th from the bottom says unlocking from Verizon for $15 / month. Weird, for sure. What do you think? Be sure to let us know in the comments.
You might also like
Thanks to a recent acquisition, Android owners might be seeing the Skyfire web browser on their handset before too long. Kolbysoft, the makers of the popular Steel browser, were just
One of the best photo editing apps on iOS has made its way over the fence, and now Afterlight is available on Android. Boasting numerous filters and adjustable effects, together
Sprint just doled out $50,000 to five different Android developers as part of the 4G App Challenge. Designed to build momentum around their growing 4G network, Sprint and a few