Verizon Q4 and 2012 earnings: great growth all around
Yesterday, Verizon released their Q4 earnings, and total 2012 earnings. The growth seen on their front is terrific, as follows for Q4:
- 2.2 million net customer additions in the quarter, highest in company history
- $20 billion in revenue ($16.4 bn being service revenues) for Q4, up 9.5-percent year-over-year
- Postpaid ARPA (Average Revenue Per Account) grew 6.6-percent y-o-y to $146.80/month
- Retail postpaid churn rate of 0.95-percent, up 1 basis point year-over-year
But, let’s not forget the full 2012 report, which looked like this:
- 5 million net customer additions for the year, the highest in four years
- $75.9 billion in revenue ($63.7 bn being service revenues) for 2012, up 8.1-percent year-over-year
- Ended the year with 98.2 million retail connections (92.5 mm postpaid), up 6.6-percent year-over-year
- Those customers are dispersed over 35.1 million accounts, up 4.3-percent year-over-year
Verizon has also stated that their massive LTE network is now covering about 89% of the US population, clocking in at 276 million people in about 476 different markets. Be sure to check out the source link for the full details.
You might also like
A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to review a Qi wireless charger from WoodPuck. The WoodPuck was a beautiful piece of hardware, but I had some issues with
It’s called a “PC” but it certainly doesn’t run any Windows…only Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.
T-Mobile USA nearly one half million (492,000) contracted customers during the third quarter of 2012, so says the carrier today. The nation’s fourth largest wireless provider released its quarterly earnings