AT&T HTC One X now receiving Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update

AT&T HTC One X now receiving Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update

AT&T finally decided to release Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for the HTC One X, HTC’s 2012 flagship device. The global version of HTC One X received the update back in November, although it is better late than never. Right?

The update is now rolling over the air and you should soon see a notification. Or, you can give it a shot manually by going to Settings > About phone > Check for updates. Maybe it is your lucky day.

ATT-HTC-One-XThe update will bring Google Now, better and improved notifications, also some AT&T apps like:

• AT&T Locker – Allows you to automatically store photos, videos and documents securely in the cloud, so you can access and share from your smartphone or computer.
  • AT&T DriveMode®  – Helps curb texting and driving.  The app can be set-up to automatically send a customizable reply to incoming messages once a vehicle starts moving 25 mph. The auto-reply message is similar to an “out-of-office alert” and can reply to texts, emails and wireless callers letting your friends know that you are driving and unable to respond.*
  • AT&T Messages – Displays all your texts, calls, and voicemail messages together in a single inbox, easily accessible from your computer, tablet, or mobile phone.

That’s a good package, and I am sure it will enhance the One X experience. So, is your One X rocking on Jelly Bean at the moment? If yes, then share your experience with us in the comment box below.

Source: ATT

Asad Rafi
Asad Rafi 725 posts

Back in 2011, Asad started as an intern at AndroidGuys, and today he is one of the youngest and active members of the team. He's writing about Android from almost 4 years, and when he is not doing that, he is either watching Suits, Breaking Bad, watching a Manchester United game, or just studying..

HP Photosmart eStation All-in-One to Run Android

HP has recently announced their HP Photosmart eStation All-in-One printer which features a nifty 7 inch tablet as both the screen and the control panel.  The printer is a fully

Google Takes Another Step Towards Making NFC Payments a Reality

For those of us Android users that are looking forward to being able to literally do everything with our Android powered smart phones, Google has taken another step towards making that a reality by partnering with Mastercard and Citigroup to make NFC payments a reality.

Report says Samsung will debut Nexus 10 successor at CES

Take this for what you want, but Digitimes is saying Samsung will introduce a new Nexus 10 at CES next week. The source, which is as wrong as often as

1. Aly
    March 13, 00:03 Reply

Thank goodness. I’ve been waiting for this for the past couple months, hoping to see some improvements with the phone. Downloading now over wifi!

2. Amy Kibler
    March 13, 00:40 Reply

Mine says server unavailable. Every-single-time- Ive tried. Beyond frustrated. Tried WiFi, doesn’t help either.

3. luis
    March 13, 22:25 Reply

Can’t get it to download :(

4. naz
    March 14, 04:12 Reply

A few issues with it. I had to call HTC and get a number to refresh my phone due to overload with att servers before I got the download. YouTube never stays logged in, the text is now customizable but take a moment to load. Google now seems to be working ok, but what do I know. Voice search is as good as a nexus 7. Keyboard looks a lot better although I do miss the direction keys. Battery life may be a bit longer. A few new apps. Att drive is annoying, I don’t text n drive but I hate turning it off every time i walk fast. Hopefully this year we will see 4.2 and that will fix the bugs. Few other issues but nothing major. Feels like a whole new phone! Not a big fan of the att message box. It’s ok for people who want all messages in one folder but I like things separate. Still messing with everything. If I find any cool new things I’ll write some more

• Danny Shevchenko
      March 14, 14:47 Reply

the direction keys are still available. you can check a box in the keyboard setting and theyll be there. does your messages app fail once in a while after the new updat, anyone?

5. naz
    March 14, 04:16 Reply

P.s you have to be on WiFi, charged phone. And if you check the update and it says wait 24 hours, call HTC and get the #*#* number they’ll give you, wait the day and you should be all refreshed and set for jelly belly

6. Danny Shevchenko
    March 14, 14:55 Reply

i guess the power saving feature and camera rotation on the camera screen is a good thing. everything else is just okay.

7. Ruth Santiago
    March 16, 10:14 Reply

i’m having a MAJOR issue when the screen goes to sleep it wont wake up it tries to but cant and i did like the new google search update and the screen slide , but i think id rather undue the update if my screen cant wake up eventhough the battery seems to last longer and my phone was slightly faster

8. Mad
    March 16, 12:24 Reply

Mine won’t pick up the update over the air or manually so pissed if u guys could help it would be much appreciated

9. HOXuser
    March 21, 15:11 Reply

dial *#*#2432546#*#* ….when you complete the last character, they will all disappear and you will get a message saying check-in succeeded. The numbers spell “checkin”.

10. Sadie
    April 01, 01:07 Reply

It is March 31 and I have not received the update yet – I am the only one?

11. Sadie
    April 01, 01:10 Reply

Let me be clearer – it is March 31 and I have not received the jelly bean 4.1 update for my htc one x yet – am I the only one?

12. Dawn Wallace
    April 22, 20:06 Reply

I just got it today..my keyboard is so small but I like the rest

13. teri
    April 26, 19:52 Reply

How do I get rid of this crap? I hate it! I want my old jelly bean version back!

14. Eddie Roper
    May 05, 03:47 Reply

My HTC one x WiFi has been broken after the upgrade. I see everybody is complaining about. I am livid about it.

15. Tammy Frisinger
    May 12, 16:15 Reply

I lost all my appointments in my calendar, past and present, I never backed it up with google. Now I should be set but can’t retrieve any appointments I already had booked before update.