February 27, 2015

Verizon upgrading DROID RAZR and RAZR MAXX to Jelly Bean

jelly_bean_720w

Verizon’s DROID RAZR and RAZR MAXX are probably one of the best Motorola smartphones you can grab from Big Red. If not the best, they may among the most popular these last few months.

Verizon is currently deploying the Android Jelly Bean update for these two but you can also manually download it. To so do, head to settings and follow the typical procedure of upgrading your phone.

Motorola-Droid-Razr-Maxx-Android-Jelly-Bean-update-Verizon-2If you want to know what your DROID RAZR or RAZR MAXX will be able to do after upgrading to the latest version, you can check this full list over at Motorola.

Source: VZW

Related Posts

• [email protected]

Details! Out with it man!

1. John

I have also been checking since Thursday and nothing. Moto’s web site also still says expected to roll out in Q1 as if nothing has been announced. Almost like that blog post never happened.

2. Dave

I keep checking al the time. “phone up to date!” LOL Right. ICS was a disaster and now I am waiting 9 months for the fix. Yesterday my notificaton kept cycling and my phone got hot! Had to do the soft reset multiple times. Missing email. Phone that goes dead after taking a picture, More soft resets. Phone that goes dead in the holster. Voice to text fails frequently. VZ was goig to give me my choice of new (refurb) phones but I waited. Now that I am asking again thy are ilent. Considering asking or a Razor Maxx HD or a GalaxyS3. My wife says to go back to HTC where I was happy. Perhaps I should go to Sprint. They have a tower on the hill behind my house!

• DroidGuru

Nothing is worth switching back to sprints bad network or horrible customer service. Just call verizon and let them set u up :) I’m sure if you asked for a replacement phone of similar quality you’d get something great!

• Brett Director

Me too. I checked right after midnight and it is installing right now. About 20 minutes to download and it indicated it will take about 20 minutes to install. I’m located in NYC

3. Paul

Nada checking…. why tell us and not let us download it! lets us get it from Motorola!!

4. dep7418

I know the soak update has been pulled and is available to download fro other sites. I think i’ll wait for the OTA to arrive, however.

5. E

Guys, i spoke to Motorola and Jelly hasn’t officially been released. what was sent out was a test, once the test is officially over with, Jelly bean will then be sent out in batches over the next couple of days but there is no exact date of when the test will be over with but i am sure verizon and motorola will keep their promise and send it out within the month since it brings us to our 1st quater. Hang tight.

• maab

I was part of the test, and it was officially finished at 11:45 pm EST. Will now be sent out in batches starting “later this evening”

6. joe haddakin

I had an itch & got tired of waiting for JB OTA push & figured out how to manually download it. Am running 4.1.2 on my RAZR Max right now.

7. Dave

I am just fed up with the RazorMaxx ICS debacle. If they do offer me a new (and different) phone, should I go for the Razor Maxx HD, the Galaxy S3 or something else? I love the RM battery. But perhaps a different manufacturer will be more responsive to upgrades. You guys are rather knowlegeable and probably have a variety of phones.

• Dave

Well I got the Jelly Bean update this morning. 20 minute download. 20 minute install. Don’t really know what to say. My nice weather widget disappeared but everything else stayed the sme. All my apps are intact and the information is still intact. Gallery displays my pictures bigger and seems to categorize them. Perhaps someone has a guide out. Still not sure I’m staying with this phone. Software or hardware, the problems have gotte to me. the heating phone (pocket warmer substitute) seemed to break the straw the other day.

8. Alex

I call bullshit on Motorola and verizon. Just saying they released it so we would stop asking. Definitely last Motorola phone I’m ever getting.

9. Adam

The update is not OFFICIALLY released neither by Verizon nor Motorola. The Motorola site still says to be released in Q1 and VZW says SOON….Patience people!

10. Lin McDowell

Sorry to disappoint everyone, but this is not actually the case (if you believe the two different Motorola reps I chatted with tonight. They both confirmed that although both Motorola pages: http://www.motorola.com/blog/2013/03/07/droid-razr-droid-razr-maxx-by-motorola-receives-android-4-1-jelly-bean/. and https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/93191 state that the update began rolling out as of 3/7 (as does the Verizon site: http://news.verizonwireless.com/news/2013/03/droid-razr-jelly-bean.html., it has only been released to restricted users for testing purposes. They said the first Motorola page was just for “informational purposes”. They couldn’t respond at all to the second page I listed above. Of course, they could say nothing about Verizon. Totally misleading.

11. Franko_Grimeso

I did the manual update. Things seem to be working fine. If you are tired of waiting you should check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ipjHn-TbL0 he gives the links to the file you need and walks you through it.

I like it so far – Phone seems way faster and doesn’t lag when loading pictures. The Google search assistant aka “Better than Siri” is updated and better. I’m not too crazy about the gallery, but maybe I’ll find a cool app for that.

12. Tunnel Vision

My phone is lying to me. It keeps saying “Your device is up to date!”.

13. jaime

I have just started downloading it…Its about 12:19am on 3-12….iam in Tampa Bay btw

14. Joe

Just got the update via manual check. Go to menu > about phone > software update. It is currently 11:35 in illinois.

15. Gordon

Finishing the update now (optimizing apps). Started at about 12:20am 3/12 in NYC. Updated manually via system update.

16. Nick4G

Might want to check it now. I’m updating my RAZR Maxx right now from East Coast, USA.

17. Miguel Estrada

It’s 145 eastern time I’m downloading the update here in NC please everyone be patient

18. Travis

I finally got my jelly bean update on my razr maxx. It came through at around 10:30 pm on March 11. It’s about time

19. Mitchell Kahl

I just got it. I went into settings and was able to start the update. It takes about 2 hours to download and then install the update

• Susan

Mine only took an hour but I was using 4G for the download. So far so good. I like Google Now so far although I haven’t figure out all the features yet.

20. Meeee

Waiting for my update to finish….I’m excited as my hubby already has it so I know what to expect!!!:☺

21. dbchecker2

just got the upgrade this morning.
    I have been doing a manual check for software updates and it finally was available!

22. Gabriel

lol people. Just learn how to work your phone. Don’t wait for an OTA update. Just download the zip file of the update to your SD card and reboot in recovery mode. There’s at least 5 places online where you can get this file. I got it, and it made my Razr the phone it was always supposed to be. It’s amazing, and I’m stoked about it. Don’t wait for VZ to send you the update, as Moto has already released it. :) smile

23. PeeGee

Mine is updating now. I was wondering why it got so hot all of a sudden! I wish it gave me the option to wait until tonight when it was on the charger.

24. djmatte

got it in Ann Arbor. Pretty slick and so far I think my phone runs better on JB than it was on ICS. In the last few weeks, it was getting overheated somehow. Google now meets all expectations. :)

25. Chicki

I’m in Springfield, Oregon and my update came OTA yesterday for my Droid MAXX. Took a long time.

26. DUTCHITGUY

DUTCHITGUY – SOL.. nothing yet and the Motorola and Verizon sites say it has been out for 11 days or more now. According to Verizon support it is a tiered deployment and doing a manual check will do nothing for you.

27. linfroe68

update worst deal ever!!! phone apps dont work, pics lost, social media sharing gone, wifi no connection.. to name a few… oh yeah sd card no good all pics gone from there too!!! cant wait to get rid of this phone!!!droid sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POST A COMMENT.