5.2-inch LG ‘Megalodon” rumored as Nexus 5
How about a nice, juicy-yet-unconfirmed- rumor to get your week started? The team over at AndroidAndMe recently posted what they suggest could be the next Nexus smartphone, the LG-manufactured Nexus 5. Allegedly operating under the code name of ‘Megalodon’, the phone sounds like a cross between next-level awesome and fantasy.
Reportedly, the specifications include the following:
- 5.2″ OLED Display with 1920×1080 resolution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 @ 2.3 GHz
- 3GB LPDDR3 Ram
- 16/32/64GB of internal storage
- 16MP rear camera by OmniVision (4k video recording @30FPS, 1080p video recording @60FPS, Real Time HDR & HDR video recording, optical image stabilization, BSI 2.0)
- 2.1MP front camera (1080p video recording @30FPS)
- 3300 mAh Lithium Polymer battery
- Front positioned stereo speakers
- Qualcomm RF360 (LTE 150 Mbps & HSPA+)
- Integrated DVB-T / ATSC-antenna
- Gesture like controls (navigation, zoom, etc)
We’re not sure just how legit this stuff is; plenty of things seem a tad out-there. Not that we wouldn’t mind having these specs, mind you. Is Google ready to jump back into bed with LG for another Nexus? If so, would it feature such hardware as 3GB RAM and 16-megapixel rear camera?
Looking back at the previous iterations of Nexus products, I’m inclined to say this may not be a Nexus 5. Why? Typically, the Nexus line is not the top-of-the-line hardware but more of a base line of where hardware should be at that particular moment. I’d love nothing more than to be wrong here!
You might also like
One of the things that Google has really focused on with Android is trying to inspire developers with its Holo design guidelines. One of the most recent games to Google
A handful of specs, allegedly belonging to the Samsung Galaxy S 2 show the handset maker evolving nearly every facet of the phone.
Okay beta testers, it’s time to check out another Android application. This time it’s for a social music service called Rdio (pronounced r-dee-o). If you haven’t heard of the service,