Do you know what love to do with our Android handsets and tablets? We ‘re huge fans of changing the home screen around a bit and creating a new user experience. That’s why we present a weekly series of Get This Look posts.
In a nutshell we show you a new look for your Android handset and tell you which apps you’ll need if you want to mimic the feel. Some of these are a little easier to create than others and many of them can be tweaked to no end. The following details are but the ingredients to which you can create your own delicious Android dish; your results will vary. Which is awesome!
If nothing else, this is a great way to discover new apps, widgets, icons, and more!
Holonex UI by semati
WHY WE LOVE THIS LOOK:
We’re fans of the way this look employs “tabs” to help keep things organized and not spreading them across home screen panels. Putting everything together in one tight spot works well and we’re hoping to see more of this approach.
The middle of the screen has RSS headlines, something we find to be incredibly helpful for those who spend their days staying “in the know”. Should you want to hit up specific apps for more news or social media, the row of icons allows for customization.
The shades of grey look great here and complement the icons; squares and sharp corners also work well with the overall rounded corner design.
We would like to be swap out the skier for another image however it’s not necessarily a deal breaker.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Minimalistic Text (FREE)
- Fancy Widgets (FREE)
- Simple RSS Widget (FREE)
- Nova Launcher Prime ($4.00)
- Folder Organizer ($1.49)
- Minimal MIUI Go Apex Theme ($14.9)
- Ultimate Custom Widget (UCCW) (FREE)
- Files (.rar)
- Desktop grid: 10×6
- Width Margin: Medium
- Height Margin: Small
- Persistent Search: Off
- Show Shadow: Off
- Home screens: 1
- Scroll Effect: None
- Label Icons: Off
- Resize all widgets: On
- Widget Overlap: On
- Overlap when placing On
- Enable Dock: On
- Dock pages: I use 1
- Dock icons: 5
- Show divider: Off
- Dock as Overlay
- Width margin: Large
- Dock height: Medium
- Look and feel
- Icon theme: Minimal MIUI
- Icon Size: 95%
1. Change the wallpaper using Nova Launchers (Long press/Wallpapers/Gallery) and choose the background as single screen.
2. Add a 4×1 Minimalistic Text widget and import the ”holonex_4x1.mtpref” skin.
Resize and move the widget so it fits the bar.
3. Add a 5×1 UCCW widget and import the ”holonexUInotif5x1.uzip” skin.Resize and move the widget.
4. Place dock icons (also settings and search icons) and change them by Long press/Change icon/Gallery ”blank icon”
5. Place app shortcuts
6. Add weather, rss and folder widgets.
MyColorScreen is dedicated to the great ways you can modify your home screens.