HTC First announced for April 12 with $99 price tag
HTC today announced that the first Facebook Home device, the aptly named HTC First, will be available starting from April 12. The HTC First (formerly Myst) features a a 4.3-inch 720p HD display, a dual-core Snapdragon 400 processor, 4G LTE support, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, a suite of Facebook-related applications,
Touted as the “first set of phones” to feature the Facebook Home experience, the HTC First centers around the software and services more than the hardware. Designed to be big, but not too big, it’s supposed to feel comfortable and speak to who you are. The HTC First will be available in four color options:black, white, red and pale blue.
For those of you who want to try the Facebook Home experience but don’t need a new device, you might be able to download and install the app on your own phone. A number of devices are expected to launch with support for the Facebook Home app which will also be available starting April 12.
Key features in the Facebook Home experience.
- Cover feed: A constant, fresh stream of photos and updates from your newsfeed, cover feed is always present when you wake up your phone. It lets you stay up-to-date on your friends’ latest activities in real-time, all the time.
- Notifications: Notifications from apps and friends appear right on your home screen. It’s easier to see when you have a missed call, calendar reminder or new message. Open a notification with a double tap or clear them away to see your Cover Feed.
- Chat Heads: The mobile messenger lets you jump in and out of conversations while you do other things, like watch a video and browse the web. Reply right from chat heads, or move them around if you’re not ready to respond.
- App Launcher: See your favorite apps and post right to Facebook from the same spot. You choose what’s on your app launcher—press and hold an app then drag it anywhere.
- Instagram: HTC First is the only phone that comes with Instagram pre-loaded.