Potential future Google Now features found hiding in latest app release
The guys over at AndroidPolice, as often is their wont, have gone digging through the recent Google Now (Search) app to see what’s hiding. And, as you can tell from the headline, there’s plenty of stuff tucked away, presumably waiting for activation.
We’ll happily direct you to the source for full details, however we do have a good sense as to what might on the near horizon. From the sounds of it, users will likely be able to set location-based and general time reminders.
- When would you like to be reminded?
- When I arrive at example=Times Square”
- When I leave example=”Times Square”
- When I arrive home
- When I leave home
- When I arrive at work
- When I leave work
- Set time
- Set place
- You asked for a reminder at this time
- You asked for a reminder at this location
- No upcoming reminders
- No past reminders
- Mark as done?
Imagine being able to tell Google to remind you to stop and fill up the tank on the way home from work.
Other notable details found look to include notifications for updates to websites that you frequent as well as transit preferences based on locale.
- Do you usually want to see schedules for this location?
- Do you usually take transit in this city?
- Website updates
- When new content is available to a website you visit frequently
- Read full story
- A website you visit frequently has been updated
- Are updates from these sources useful?
Considering the already-included code, we would be surprised if Google does not announce these features at next month’s Google I/O conference.