How To Install Google Play Store v4.0
There is a newer version of this article, and the Google Play Store, which you can find by clicking here.
It’s been quite a while since we have seen a visual upgrade to one of Android’s most integral applications, the Google Play Store. While the current version follows the Android “holo” design guidelines, the overall appearance of the app is becoming a bit stale. Luckily, Google has been working on a full design overhaul, which is said to be rolling out over the next few weeks. But who likes waiting? Thanks to a leaked apk file, you can manually upgrade to the newest Play Store version, and here’s how:
- Download the new Google Play Store apk
- Place the apk file on your device
- Using a file browser, locate the file and open it
- Make sure that you ‘Allow Unknown Sources” in your security settings
- Install the Play Store as you would an application
- Open the new Play Store and take a look around
This simple, root free install will grant you full access to the newest version of Google Play. If you are experiencing problems installing the application, please ensure that you are on Android version 2.2 or above. It’s tweaks like these that help us to remember how open Android is, allowing us to update system applications before they are even released, amazing.