Get This Look for your Android: Softly

Get This Look for your Android: Softly

get_this_look_softly

Do you know what love to do with our Android handsets and tablets? We ‘re huge fans of changing the home screen around a bit and creating a new user experience. That’s why we present a weekly series of Get This Look posts.

In a nutshell we show you a new look for your Android handset and tell you which apps you’ll need if you want to mimic the feel. Some of these are a little easier to create than others and many of them can be tweaked to no end. The following details are but the ingredients to which you can create your own delicious Android dish; your results will vary. Which is awesome!

If nothing else, this is a great way to discover new apps, widgets, icons, and more!

Softly by Johnada74

WHY WE LOVE THIS LOOK:

With only one app required, it doesn’t get any easier to create this custom look. Essentially a handful of pre-designed widget templates, these are quick and simple ways to view your clock, weather, battery status and more.

We like that widgets can be used with pretty much any other design or layout and that they’re very clean. Each can enhance your standard Android home screen, regardless of whether you’re running stock Android or a custom launcher.

If for no other reason, download UCCW and grab the UZIP files and kep them tucked away for a rainy day; you’d be surprised how well the grey works with other designs and wallpapers.

Check the archives for even more inspiration!

WHAT YOU’LL NEED

What else:

MyColorScreen is dedicated to the great ways you can modify your home screens.

AndroidGuys
AndroidGuys 4627 posts

Featured

Key differences between T-Mobile Data Stash and AT&T Rollover Data

As both T-Mobile and AT&T have recently introduced the ability to carry over unused data we understand it can be confusing to tell them apart. But, take a close look

Featured

Samsung debuts 8.4-inch, 10.5-inch Galaxy Tab S tablets

As we’ve all come to expect over the last few weeks, Samsung has announced its new Galaxy Tab S line of tablets. Available for pre-order as soon as tomorrow, Friday,

Tips & Tricks

How to get out of your wireless contract without paying a termination fee

With the holidays coming up, more and more people are looking at getting new phones, and possibly even switching carriers. The trick with this, of course, is the fact that

1. Steve Cavill
    April 23, 14:26 Reply

I’m new to this and would love to change the look of my home screen to some of the fantastic screens I’ve seen on your web site, I’ve downloaded the zip file but to begin with I don’t even know how to open the zip. Is there any sites that explains how to set up these wonderful looking screens.

• Scott Cole
      April 23, 14:37 Reply

I used 7zip to unzip the uzip files in the zip file. Working on how to do the rest.

• D. Mo
      April 24, 02:36 Reply

If you click on the Softly name under the image above, it will take you directly to the creators mycolorscreen page and you will see the directions as well as the step by step youtube video on how to re-create the homescreen on your android device.

2. Ian Douglas
    April 23, 16:56 Reply

It needs more than one app required … he’s using Nova Launcher plus UCCW widgets.

3. paxmos
    April 26, 00:33 Reply

This was done on a Sammy Note 2. I did it on my Nexus 4 and had to omit the weather section, but still rather nice.

4. Chuck Baldwin
    April 26, 08:28 Reply

Can you install UCCW without the several pages of widgets? I just factory reset my Note 2 after having it since it was released — and I don’t want to fill it back up with stuff I’ll use once.

5. I’ve figured how to install and put everything on sccreen, but when pressed any button I’ve went into the UCCW configuration, how could I “Start” this widget?

6. Dan000
    May 24, 13:47 Reply

You can likely build this with Zooper Widget Pro, as well – and the plus is that it won’t run in the background when you’re not using it like UCCW.

7. Lior Lev
    June 20, 05:23 Reply

how to setup the facebook acount and gmail acount ?

8. rowi
    August 03, 06:39 Reply

The zip file with the six necessary files is gone from mediafire can anybody upload it again?

9. Martijn
    August 31, 06:16 Reply

The link to the zip files on mediafire is incorrect.

10. Towing Management
    January 21, 11:56 Reply

There is also a certain type of coverage intended for any uninsured individual, even the underinsured.
    Usually, it is not easy to tow vehicles which are heavy or medium sized.
    In addition to phone system repair, there are other aftermarket support services
    such as installation support, and training on how to use the systems and upgrades to the
    system.