In Brief: Android-related things you should know (April 26, 2013)
In Brief is a compilation of notifications, rumors, and Android-related news tidbits which, for whatever reason, did not end up with a post of its own on AndroidGuys. These are things that we still feel are worth knowing, even if in a passing manner. Consider it a grab-bag of Android goodies. If you have something that you think is worth a mention on AndroidGuys, be sure to reach out to us via our contact page.
We are doing things a little different this week. Rather than overload you with a lot of info, we will list what we find interesting, and then you can go from there!
This week features Movea sensors, a Nexus 4 dock, an app to get a better swing, the chance to win 8 grand, an eBay update, and so much more! Here’s the list:
- WISE TIVI is rumored to ship this summer; still asking for pledges to IndieGogo.
- Feeling a little nerdy? Mixpanel just released their latest Data Snapshot on Android fragmentation
- “Stop running because the train is 10 minutes delayed.” Yep, your future smartphone’s sensors will be able to tell you that, and Movea wants to explain how.
- Looking for a new project to support? Check out this docking station for the Nexus 4.
- Need help enhancing your devices performance? AVG Technologies may have just the app for you!
- Calling all computer majors! Epson is asking students to come up with a pitch for the Moverio BT-100 and have the chance at winning an $8,000 scholarship.
- eBay Android app updated to 2.2
- Fore! Are you a golfer looking to get a better swing? Check out GolfSense.
- HTC and Stitcher Radio announced that Android’s leading podcast app is now compatible with Media Link HD.
- The Arena app added six new Android games this week, all playable within its ecosystem (including the classic Duke Nukem 3D.)
BONUS: 5 app shout outs!
- Relive the 1930’s and depression-era farming with time management game, Farm Up.
- Free app pyng.me seeks to put an end to the question of “Where are you?”
- Travel the world, build an art gallery, and become an art dealer with Art Mogul and its 430 levels.
- Revisit the 80’s puzzler with 100 levels over five modes with retro-classic Boulder Dash-XL.
- Military-grade encryption for voice and messaging is free with kryng.me‘s free app.
Make sure to follow us weekly for all the Android extras!
You might also like
With Android Wear getting its first official outing at Google I/O and the hype of which Smartwatches will be available, there was little mention of Google Glass and where it
Late last week, the Android 2.1 update for the Motorola Droid was leaked to the XDA Developers forum. Interestingly, within the build was something I found extremely cool: live wallpaper!
Homepack Buzz officially announced this morning that their popular free smartphone theming service, Buzz Launcher, is no longer in beta mode. Buzz Launcher 1.0 is now available on Google Play.