In Brief: Android-related things you should know (May 10, 2013)
In Brief is a compilation of notifications, rumors, and Android-related news tidbits which, for whatever reason, did not end up with a post of its own on AndroidGuys. These are things that we still feel are worth knowing, even if in a passing manner. Consider it a grab-bag of Android goodies. If you have something that you think is worth a mention on AndroidGuys, be sure to reach out to us via our contact page.
This week features battery cases for your S4, a game that helps homeless pets, a new 8-bit Kickstarter campaign, developer-centric stuff, and more!
Here we go…
- Never let your Samsung Galaxy S4 run out of battery with this high capacity lithium power bank.
- Square gets ready for Google I/O with seven open source projects.
- Skillz makes it possible for Android game developers to enable cash gaming (legalized betting.)
- Alcohol Breath Analyzer designed for Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, and Galaxy Note 2.
- Missing the good old the 8-bit days? Pay tribute with this Kickstarter campaign!
- Help feed homeless pets! Joy Pets is a new Android game that will help provide real care to real animals when you play.
- As Astrid says farewell, Wunderlist comes to the rescue.
- Exogear introduces a new Galaxy S4 battery case, accepting pre-orders.
- TestFlight is now open for all Android developers to build and test their apps!
- More than six million new listeners have joined Slacker since the last major update
BONUS: 5 indie app shout outs!
- Indie developer, and mother of two, created Jackpot Words, a slots-like game with a twist
- Free the monsters and bring them back to planet Monstranus in Falling Monsters
- Over 100 levels of puzzles await fans of fans of matching puzzlers in Puzzle Knots
- Asteroids! Operation: Icarus is the untold story of the mission to prevent Earth from being hit by a massive asteroid
- Set sleep profiles for different days of week and toggle notifications, Auto Sync, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth with Nights Keeper
You might also like
In a move that starts to show the unique ways Amazon has to promote its Appstore, the online retailer will begin giving $25 in Appstore credit free to those who
Google Play may be getting a face lift soon. The team over at Droid Life published photos yesterday of what they say is Google Play, 4.0. The new version, which is
Who likes free? I most certainly do. However, sometimes, getting something for free usually requires certain things to be done though. AT&T is offering the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0